AP: 24 thatched houses gutted in fire
Rajahmundry: Around 24 thatched houses were gutted in fire in Vemulavada village of Gangavaram mandal in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, a government official said.
The incident took place last night and the cause of the fire is suspected to be short circuit in high-tension electricity transmission wires, Rampachodavaram sub-collector Gandham Chadrudu said today adding that there was no casualty in the incident.
"Nearly 100 persons were rendered homeless due to the fire. All the victims have been shifted to a government school and given some financial assistance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan