AP: 24 thatched houses gutted in fire
Rajahmundry: Around 24 thatched houses were gutted in fire in Vemulavada village of Gangavaram mandal in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, a government official said.
The incident took place last night and the cause of the fire is suspected to be short circuit in high-tension electricity transmission wires, Rampachodavaram sub-collector Gandham Chadrudu said today adding that there was no casualty in the incident.
"Nearly 100 persons were rendered homeless due to the fire. All the victims have been shifted to a government school and given some financial assistance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year