AP: 24 thatched houses gutted in fire
Rajahmundry: Around 24 thatched houses were gutted in fire in Vemulavada village of Gangavaram mandal in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, a government official said.
The incident took place last night and the cause of the fire is suspected to be short circuit in high-tension electricity transmission wires, Rampachodavaram sub-collector Gandham Chadrudu said today adding that there was no casualty in the incident.
"Nearly 100 persons were rendered homeless due to the fire. All the victims have been shifted to a government school and given some financial assistance," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen