AP: Absconding rape accused arrested after 14 yrs
Hyderabad: An accused in a case of gang rape dating back to 1990 has been arrested by Andhra Pradesh CID after 14 years.
Mohd Waheed and five others were accused of abducting a woman in May, 1990. She was confined to a room on the outskirts of Miryalguda in Nalgonda district and raped repeatedly.
She succeeded in escaping and lodged a complaint. CID probed the case. During the trial, Waheed jumped the bail and disappeared.
The other five men were convicted and sentenced to seven years in jail.
But Waheed remained absconding all these years, before he was arrested yesterday at Miryalaguda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital