AP: Absconding rape accused arrested after 14 yrs
Hyderabad: An accused in a case of gang rape dating back to 1990 has been arrested by Andhra Pradesh CID after 14 years.
Mohd Waheed and five others were accused of abducting a woman in May, 1990. She was confined to a room on the outskirts of Miryalguda in Nalgonda district and raped repeatedly.
She succeeded in escaping and lodged a complaint. CID probed the case. During the trial, Waheed jumped the bail and disappeared.
The other five men were convicted and sentenced to seven years in jail.
But Waheed remained absconding all these years, before he was arrested yesterday at Miryalaguda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months