AP: Absconding rape accused arrested after 14 yrs
Hyderabad: An accused in a case of gang rape dating back to 1990 has been arrested by Andhra Pradesh CID after 14 years.
Mohd Waheed and five others were accused of abducting a woman in May, 1990. She was confined to a room on the outskirts of Miryalguda in Nalgonda district and raped repeatedly.
She succeeded in escaping and lodged a complaint. CID probed the case. During the trial, Waheed jumped the bail and disappeared.
The other five men were convicted and sentenced to seven years in jail.
But Waheed remained absconding all these years, before he was arrested yesterday at Miryalaguda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef