AP: Absconding rape accused arrested after 14 yrs
Hyderabad: An accused in a case of gang rape dating back to 1990 has been arrested by Andhra Pradesh CID after 14 years.
Mohd Waheed and five others were accused of abducting a woman in May, 1990. She was confined to a room on the outskirts of Miryalguda in Nalgonda district and raped repeatedly.
She succeeded in escaping and lodged a complaint. CID probed the case. During the trial, Waheed jumped the bail and disappeared.
The other five men were convicted and sentenced to seven years in jail.
But Waheed remained absconding all these years, before he was arrested yesterday at Miryalaguda.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India