AP Assembly adjourned as opposition ups ante
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly was
on Tuesday adjourned for the day as the opposition parties did not
allow the House to transact any business even as a nonchalant
government maintained a stoic silence on their demands.
With the determined opposition led by TDP and TRS
appears unrelenting on their respective set of demands, the
ongoing logjam between them and the government has deepened.
The main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) stood its
ground demanding a discussion on the liquor syndicates, while Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) stuck to its guns seeking
passing a resolution for creation of separate state.
Barely seven minutes after the day`s proceedings began
after a three-day holiday, the House had to be adjourned as
the TDP and the TRS legislators stormed the Speaker`s podium
and raised slogans in support of their demands.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar, who rejected the adjournment
motions moved by the opposition parties on different issues,
repeatedly requested the members to maintain order but to no
As per the Speaker`s announcement on Thursday, the
House was to discuss the liquor syndicates issue today but the
TRS was in no mood to let it happen.
The Speaker then adjourned the House for half an hour
and convened a meeting of the Business Advisory Committee
(BAC) of the Assembly to break the impasse.
The TDP members staged a sit-in at the Speaker`s
chamber protesting the adjournment of the House.
At the BAC meeting, the TDP and the TRS remained firm
on their respective stands. The TRS made it clear that it
would not let the House run till a resolution seeking creation
of Telangana state was moved.
The BJP and the CPI too wanted a discussion on the
Telangana issue while the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen
insisted on a discussion on the harassment of innocent Muslim
youth and lifting of false cases against them in the Old City
area of Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog