AP Assembly adjourned for the day
Hyderabad: Pandemonium prevailed in the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Tuesday as TDP legislators stalled
proceedings demanding dismissal of six "tainted ministers" who
might face probe in the case related to amassing of illegal
wealth by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
The ministers in question, however, sought to put up a
brave face saying they did nothing wrong and hence there was
no need for them to quit.
The House was finally adjourned for the day, without
transacting any business, at 12.35 pm after two brief
adjournments did not restore order.
The TDP, the CPI and the CPM moved adjournment motions
separately on the tainted ministers` issue and demanded a
discussion in the Assembly besides the dismissal of the
They insisted that the government place files related to
the 26 controversial Government Orders be placed in the House
for a detailed a discussion.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar disallowed the adjournment
motions but the opposition members remained on their feet and
pressed for dismissal of the ministers.
Legislative Affairs Minister D Sridhar Babu intervened and
said, "Nobody will be left in the House if one were to resign
based on allegations. It is not proper for the TDP members to
demand resignation or dismissal of the ministers."
The TDP members then rushed into the Well of the House
holding placards and raising slogans, forcing the Speaker to
adjourn the proceedings for 15 minutes.
The TDP MLAs surrounded the Speaker`s podium when the
House re-assembled after 105 minutes and remained steadfast on
The Speaker announced that the Chief Minister would react
on the issue but the TDP legislators only increased the pitch
of their sloganeering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill