AP Assembly adjourned for the day
Hyderabad: Pandemonium prevailed in the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Tuesday as TDP legislators stalled
proceedings demanding dismissal of six "tainted ministers" who
might face probe in the case related to amassing of illegal
wealth by Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
The ministers in question, however, sought to put up a
brave face saying they did nothing wrong and hence there was
no need for them to quit.
The House was finally adjourned for the day, without
transacting any business, at 12.35 pm after two brief
adjournments did not restore order.
The TDP, the CPI and the CPM moved adjournment motions
separately on the tainted ministers` issue and demanded a
discussion in the Assembly besides the dismissal of the
They insisted that the government place files related to
the 26 controversial Government Orders be placed in the House
for a detailed a discussion.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar disallowed the adjournment
motions but the opposition members remained on their feet and
pressed for dismissal of the ministers.
Legislative Affairs Minister D Sridhar Babu intervened and
said, "Nobody will be left in the House if one were to resign
based on allegations. It is not proper for the TDP members to
demand resignation or dismissal of the ministers."
The TDP members then rushed into the Well of the House
holding placards and raising slogans, forcing the Speaker to
adjourn the proceedings for 15 minutes.
The TDP MLAs surrounded the Speaker`s podium when the
House re-assembled after 105 minutes and remained steadfast on
The Speaker announced that the Chief Minister would react
on the issue but the TDP legislators only increased the pitch
of their sloganeering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni