AP Assembly adjourned over Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Rocked by the Telangana issue,
the Andhra Pradesh Assembly was on Monday adjourned for the day
without transacting any business.
MLAs belonging to the Telangana Rashtra Samiti and the
Telangana Telugu Desam Forum stormed the Speaker`s podium as
soon as the House began after a three-day holiday and raised
slogans demanding that a resolution be passed seeking creation
of a separate state.
Amidst the din, Speaker Nadendla Manohar adjourned the
proceedings for 15 minutes.
The protesting members, however, stayed put at the
podium and continued with their sloganeering when the House
resumed after an hour.
The TRS swelled to 16 in the House with the addition
of four new members who were elected in the by-elections last
The newly-elected MLAs of TRS (four), YSR Congress
(one), BJP (one) and an Independent took oath today.
The TRS was determined to stall the House in the
backdrop of an MBA student`s suicide in Warangal on Saturday
for the cause of a separate state.
The Telangana TDP legislators too joined the issue and
demanded that the House pass a resolution for creation of a
As the protesting MLAs remained unrelenting, the
Speaker adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test