AP Assembly adjourned twice after TDP, TRS stall proceedings
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam, Telangana Rashtra
Samiti and Communist Party of India MLAs forced adjournment of
proceedings of Andhra Pradesh Assembly twice this morning.
About 15 Congress MLAs loyal to rebel leader Y S
Jaganmohan Reddy also continued to embarrass the government by
holding banners with pictures of late Chief Minister Y S
Rajasekhara Reddy and demanding release of funds for fee
Proceedings of the House were stalled on the Telangana
issue as the TRS members stormed the Speaker`s podium holding
placards. They demanded that the suspension of five MLAs be
revoked and a resolution on the creation of a separate state
be adopted by the House.
The TDP MLAs from Telangana too raised a similar demand.
Deputy Speaker Nadendla Manohar disallowed the adjournment
motions but had to adjourn the House for 15 minutes, just
seven minutes after it began the day`s proceedings.
Two government Bills were moved after the House
re-assembled exactly an hour after the break while the listed
questions were postponed for the second consecutive day.
Government Chief Whip Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka initiated a
discussion on the motion of thanks to the Governor`s address
but the TRS members continued their protest at the Speaker`s
Three CPI MLAs also joined the TRS members while the TDP
MLAs from Telangana were on their feet at their seats, raising
slogans that the House pass a resolution on the statehood
At the same time, 15 Congress MLAs, one each of TDP and
Praja Rajyam Party -- owing allegiance to Jagan -- rose to
their feet holding banners on the fee reimbursement issue.
As the Chief Whip continued with his speech, the TDP
Telangana MLAs too rushed into the Well of the House forcing
the Deputy Speaker to adjourn the proceedings for 15 minutes
for the second time.
Manohar has invited floor leaders of all parties to his
chamber to break the deadlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok