AP Assembly briefly adjourned over Telangana, power issues
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was on Friday adjourned briefly soon after it began as Opposition members protested over Telangana statehood and other issues.
The members of TDP, TRS and YSR Congress trooped into the well of the House and raised slogans over the power crisis in the state, among other issues.
The TRS members also sought a resolution to be passed on a separate Telangana state.
As the slogan shouting continued despite appeals, the Speaker adjourned the House for about 45 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing