AP Assembly briefly adjourned over Telangana, power issues
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was on Friday adjourned briefly soon after it began as Opposition members protested over Telangana statehood and other issues.
The members of TDP, TRS and YSR Congress trooped into the well of the House and raised slogans over the power crisis in the state, among other issues.
The TRS members also sought a resolution to be passed on a separate Telangana state.
As the slogan shouting continued despite appeals, the Speaker adjourned the House for about 45 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees