AP Assembly briefly adjourned over Telangana, power issues
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was on Friday adjourned briefly soon after it began as Opposition members protested over Telangana statehood and other issues.
The members of TDP, TRS and YSR Congress trooped into the well of the House and raised slogans over the power crisis in the state, among other issues.
The TRS members also sought a resolution to be passed on a separate Telangana state.
As the slogan shouting continued despite appeals, the Speaker adjourned the House for about 45 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Rio 2016: After golden Olympic run, Justin Rose returns to regular job
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade