AP Assembly briefly adjourned over Telangana, power issues
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was on Friday adjourned briefly soon after it began as Opposition members protested over Telangana statehood and other issues.
The members of TDP, TRS and YSR Congress trooped into the well of the House and raised slogans over the power crisis in the state, among other issues.
The TRS members also sought a resolution to be passed on a separate Telangana state.
As the slogan shouting continued despite appeals, the Speaker adjourned the House for about 45 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves