AP Assembly briefly adjourned over Telangana, power issues
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Assembly was on Friday adjourned briefly soon after it began as Opposition members protested over Telangana statehood and other issues.
The members of TDP, TRS and YSR Congress trooped into the well of the House and raised slogans over the power crisis in the state, among other issues.
The TRS members also sought a resolution to be passed on a separate Telangana state.
As the slogan shouting continued despite appeals, the Speaker adjourned the House for about 45 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog