AP Assembly condoles death of blast victims
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Thursday condoled the death of 17 people in the recent twin blasts here.
As Speaker N Manohar read out a message, the members observed silence for a few minutes in memory of those who were killed in the blasts. The Speaker wished speedy recovery to those injured in the terror attack.
The Assembly, however, did not conduct much business on the second day of the Budget session today.
Members of all Opposition parties -- TDP, TRS, YSR Congress, CPI and CPI (M) -- trooped in the well of the House and raised slogans highlighting the power crisis among other issues. TRS members shouted slogans like `Jai Telangana`.
They did not relent though the Speaker appealed to them to resume their seats and allow debate to take place following which the Speaker adjourned the House twice briefly and finally for the day at around 11.30 AM.
Before adjourning for the day, the Speaker asked the ruling Congress member K Kannababu to move the motion of thanks to the Governor`s address, but had to call it a day as the sloganeering continued.
The Budget session began yesterday with Governor E S L Narasimhan making his address to the joint sitting of both Houses of the Legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here