AP Assembly passes Appropriation Bill sans debate
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly
on Tuesday passed Appropriation Bill, 2011 without any debate
amidst pandemonium over setting up of a House Committee to
probe alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Earlier a deadlock ensued between the opposition TDP
and the Congress as the former insisted upon continuation of
the debate on land allotments while the government wanted the
Appropriation Bill adopted first.
The TDP legislators, alternatively, suggested that the
government could straightaway announce the constitution of a
House Committee to probe the irregularities in land allotments
and then take up the Appropriation Bill.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, however, assured
the House saying "We will not run away from the debate. The
debate will continue for any length of time at the end of
which the government will reply to it. We need to tell the
people (about) the steps being taken for industrial
development in the state."
Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu said that the
government should first constitute a House Committee without
any further debate on the lands issue before taking up the
As the deadlock continued for more than an hour,
officiating Speaker Nadendla Manohar asked Finance Minister
Aanam Ramanarayana Reddy to move the Bill which was then
adopted by voice vote even as the TDP MLAs stormed the
Speaker`s podium in protest.
Earlier in the day, proceedings of the House were
adjourned for thirty minutes as legislators of TDP and the
loyalists of rebel leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, raised slogans
and counter-slogans against each other.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living