AP Assembly passes Appropriation Bill sans debate
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly
on Tuesday passed Appropriation Bill, 2011 without any debate
amidst pandemonium over setting up of a House Committee to
probe alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Earlier a deadlock ensued between the opposition TDP
and the Congress as the former insisted upon continuation of
the debate on land allotments while the government wanted the
Appropriation Bill adopted first.
The TDP legislators, alternatively, suggested that the
government could straightaway announce the constitution of a
House Committee to probe the irregularities in land allotments
and then take up the Appropriation Bill.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, however, assured
the House saying "We will not run away from the debate. The
debate will continue for any length of time at the end of
which the government will reply to it. We need to tell the
people (about) the steps being taken for industrial
development in the state."
Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu said that the
government should first constitute a House Committee without
any further debate on the lands issue before taking up the
As the deadlock continued for more than an hour,
officiating Speaker Nadendla Manohar asked Finance Minister
Aanam Ramanarayana Reddy to move the Bill which was then
adopted by voice vote even as the TDP MLAs stormed the
Speaker`s podium in protest.
Earlier in the day, proceedings of the House were
adjourned for thirty minutes as legislators of TDP and the
loyalists of rebel leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, raised slogans
and counter-slogans against each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say