AP Assembly passes Appropriation Bill sans debate
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly
on Tuesday passed Appropriation Bill, 2011 without any debate
amidst pandemonium over setting up of a House Committee to
probe alleged irregularities in land allotments.
Earlier a deadlock ensued between the opposition TDP
and the Congress as the former insisted upon continuation of
the debate on land allotments while the government wanted the
Appropriation Bill adopted first.
The TDP legislators, alternatively, suggested that the
government could straightaway announce the constitution of a
House Committee to probe the irregularities in land allotments
and then take up the Appropriation Bill.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, however, assured
the House saying "We will not run away from the debate. The
debate will continue for any length of time at the end of
which the government will reply to it. We need to tell the
people (about) the steps being taken for industrial
development in the state."
Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu said that the
government should first constitute a House Committee without
any further debate on the lands issue before taking up the
As the deadlock continued for more than an hour,
officiating Speaker Nadendla Manohar asked Finance Minister
Aanam Ramanarayana Reddy to move the Bill which was then
adopted by voice vote even as the TDP MLAs stormed the
Speaker`s podium in protest.
Earlier in the day, proceedings of the House were
adjourned for thirty minutes as legislators of TDP and the
loyalists of rebel leader Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, raised slogans
and counter-slogans against each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured