AP Assembly passes two Bills; adjourned sine die
Hyderabad: Amid slogan shouting by TRS and other members from Telangana region in support of separate state demand, the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Thursday passed two Bills before being adjourned sine die.
The TRS members stood in the Well of the House as the day began and raised slogans in support of separate Telangana demand.
As his appeals to members to resume their seats went unheeded, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for an hour. It was the same scene after the House re-assembled.
Amid the din, Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy moved the `Andhra Pradesh Appropriation (vote-on-account) Bill, 2014` and the `Andhra Pradesh Appropriation Bill, 2014 (L.A. Bill No.2 of 2014)`, which were passed.
The Speaker then adjourned the House sine die.
Today was the last day of the brief session convened from last Monday for passing the vote-on-account budget. The session witnessed several disruptions over the state bifurcation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city