AP Assembly passes two Bills; adjourned sine die
Hyderabad: Amid slogan shouting by TRS and other members from Telangana region in support of separate state demand, the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Thursday passed two Bills before being adjourned sine die.
The TRS members stood in the Well of the House as the day began and raised slogans in support of separate Telangana demand.
As his appeals to members to resume their seats went unheeded, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for an hour. It was the same scene after the House re-assembled.
Amid the din, Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy moved the `Andhra Pradesh Appropriation (vote-on-account) Bill, 2014` and the `Andhra Pradesh Appropriation Bill, 2014 (L.A. Bill No.2 of 2014)`, which were passed.
The Speaker then adjourned the House sine die.
Today was the last day of the brief session convened from last Monday for passing the vote-on-account budget. The session witnessed several disruptions over the state bifurcation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...