AP Assembly passes two Bills; adjourned sine die
Hyderabad: Amid slogan shouting by TRS and other members from Telangana region in support of separate state demand, the Andhra Pradesh Assembly on Thursday passed two Bills before being adjourned sine die.
The TRS members stood in the Well of the House as the day began and raised slogans in support of separate Telangana demand.
As his appeals to members to resume their seats went unheeded, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for an hour. It was the same scene after the House re-assembled.
Amid the din, Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy moved the `Andhra Pradesh Appropriation (vote-on-account) Bill, 2014` and the `Andhra Pradesh Appropriation Bill, 2014 (L.A. Bill No.2 of 2014)`, which were passed.
The Speaker then adjourned the House sine die.
Today was the last day of the brief session convened from last Monday for passing the vote-on-account budget. The session witnessed several disruptions over the state bifurcation issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance