AP Assembly should pass resolution amending Constitution: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS on Wednesday demanded the Andhra
Pradesh Assembly pass a resolution requesting the Centre to
amend the Constitution to make Hyderabad part of the "sixth
zone" and not a "free zone" for recruitment in government
"State Government should take the lead for passing a
resolution in the assembly. It should be followed up by taking
an all-party delegation to Delhi for getting the Constitution
amended," TRS leader and former MLA T Harish Rao told
TRS, TDP and other parties contend that local Telangana
people would be at a disadvantage if Hyderabad is declared a
free zone for the purpose of police recruitment.
The state government had been treating Hyderabad as part
of `zone six` along with few other Telangana districts. This
was, however, challenged in State Administrative Tribunal and
High Court which ruled that Hyderabad was indeed part of
The Supreme Court, however, set aside the High Court
judgement and declared that Hyderabad is a free zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30