AP Assembly should pass resolution amending Constitution: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS on Wednesday demanded the Andhra
Pradesh Assembly pass a resolution requesting the Centre to
amend the Constitution to make Hyderabad part of the "sixth
zone" and not a "free zone" for recruitment in government
"State Government should take the lead for passing a
resolution in the assembly. It should be followed up by taking
an all-party delegation to Delhi for getting the Constitution
amended," TRS leader and former MLA T Harish Rao told
TRS, TDP and other parties contend that local Telangana
people would be at a disadvantage if Hyderabad is declared a
free zone for the purpose of police recruitment.
The state government had been treating Hyderabad as part
of `zone six` along with few other Telangana districts. This
was, however, challenged in State Administrative Tribunal and
High Court which ruled that Hyderabad was indeed part of
The Supreme Court, however, set aside the High Court
judgement and declared that Hyderabad is a free zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL