AP Assembly should pass resolution amending Constitution: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS on Wednesday demanded the Andhra
Pradesh Assembly pass a resolution requesting the Centre to
amend the Constitution to make Hyderabad part of the "sixth
zone" and not a "free zone" for recruitment in government
"State Government should take the lead for passing a
resolution in the assembly. It should be followed up by taking
an all-party delegation to Delhi for getting the Constitution
amended," TRS leader and former MLA T Harish Rao told
TRS, TDP and other parties contend that local Telangana
people would be at a disadvantage if Hyderabad is declared a
free zone for the purpose of police recruitment.
The state government had been treating Hyderabad as part
of `zone six` along with few other Telangana districts. This
was, however, challenged in State Administrative Tribunal and
High Court which ruled that Hyderabad was indeed part of
The Supreme Court, however, set aside the High Court
judgement and declared that Hyderabad is a free zone.
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- IIT Guwahati student found hanging at hostel room
- Hyundai Motors cars fitted with defective air bags?
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's intervention for release of 34 fishermen held by Lanka
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Whoa! 'Main Hoon Na' sequel on cards?