AP Assembly should pass resolution amending Constitution: TRS
Hyderabad: TRS on Wednesday demanded the Andhra
Pradesh Assembly pass a resolution requesting the Centre to
amend the Constitution to make Hyderabad part of the "sixth
zone" and not a "free zone" for recruitment in government
"State Government should take the lead for passing a
resolution in the assembly. It should be followed up by taking
an all-party delegation to Delhi for getting the Constitution
amended," TRS leader and former MLA T Harish Rao told
TRS, TDP and other parties contend that local Telangana
people would be at a disadvantage if Hyderabad is declared a
free zone for the purpose of police recruitment.
The state government had been treating Hyderabad as part
of `zone six` along with few other Telangana districts. This
was, however, challenged in State Administrative Tribunal and
High Court which ruled that Hyderabad was indeed part of
The Supreme Court, however, set aside the High Court
judgement and declared that Hyderabad is a free zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption