AP Assembly`s Ethics Committee seeks action against Owaisi
Hyderabad: The Ethics Committee of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly will make necessary recommendations to Speaker Nadendla Manohar for initiating disciplinary action against MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi over the alleged "hate speech" he delivered in Adilabad district.
Akbaruddin, who heads the seven-member Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen in the Assembly, is already facing criminal cases in this regard.
The Ethics Committee of the Assembly met here today, under the chairmanship of Bandaru Satyananda Rao, and took a serious view of Akbar`s speech.
"We will view the video footage of Akbar`s speech and made necessary recommendations to the Speaker during the next session of the Assembly," Satyananda Rao told reporters after the meeting.
CPI member K Sambasiva Rao sought disqualification of Akbar as an MLA for his intemperate remarks that violated constitutional norms.
Other members of the Committee concurred with Sambasiva Rao`s views. The Ethics Committee chairman later communicated the members` views to the Speaker.
The Speaker also referred the complaints he received against Akbar to the Committee.
"We will examine Akbar`s speech and then recommend necessary action to the Speaker. Depending on the gravity, the Ethics Committee could even recommend disqualification of the errant member," Satyananda Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi