AP bifurcation: STF discusses division of assets of AP Police
Hyderabad: The Special Task Force (STF) headed by former Director General of CRPF K Vijayakumar on Tuesday discussed "division of assets" of the Andhra Pradesh Police in the event of the bifurcation of the state on the first day of its three-day tour.
"We have discussed the division of assets and staff and how to build a strong police force in the two states after the bifurcation," Vijayakumar told reporters in a brief interaction at the end of the two-and-a-half hour session at the Centre for Good Governance here this afternoon.
"We have elicited views of senior police officers on these issues, the facilities that need to be created and also maintenance of law and order," he added.
The STF was constituted by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs yesterday to study among other things the security scenario that would arise upon the proposed division of Andhra Pradesh.
It has also been assigned the task of looking into the division of assets and the administrative framework in the police department in the event of the state`s division.
Additional Secretary in the Union Home Ministry Rajiv Sharma, National Investigation Agency Director Navneet Rajan Wasan and other top officials are part of the STF.
Director General of Police (Greyhounds) J V Ramudu, APSRTC managing director and DG-rank IPS officer A K Khan and other top ranking police officials from the state briefed the STF on the composition of the AP Police and various wings under it.
"There was specific discussion on distribution of the force, particularly the likes of AP Special Police battalions, Special Protection Force and AP Police Academy," said former DGP K Aravinda Rao.
Incidentally, Aravinda Rao was the only former DG who attended the meeting though others like C Anjaneya Reddy, H J Dora and A K Mohanty were also invited.
Sources said the STF also discussed the likely law and order scenario in the state post the creation of Telangana and the possibility of having a law and order set up on the lines of New Delhi.
The STF would continue the deliberation process tomorrow also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC