AP BJP activists detained over protests on hike in bus fares
Hyderabad: Several BJP activists, including state unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, were taken into custody when they tried to lay siege to the Bus Bhavan here protesting hike in APSRTC passenger fares.
Over 200 BJP workers led by Reddy took out a rally from RTC cross road to the Bus Bhavan (APSRTC administrative building) protesting increase in bus fares by the state government following which about 60 of them were taken into preventive custody, Chikkadapally police said.
However, party sources claimed about 150 workers including its leaders were picked up when they were peacefully protesting against the state government`s decision.
Addressing the gathering, state BJP chief said the party would organise more protests across the state against the decision which would put additional burden on the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured