AP BJP activists detained over protests on hike in bus fares
Hyderabad: Several BJP activists, including state unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, were taken into custody when they tried to lay siege to the Bus Bhavan here protesting hike in APSRTC passenger fares.
Over 200 BJP workers led by Reddy took out a rally from RTC cross road to the Bus Bhavan (APSRTC administrative building) protesting increase in bus fares by the state government following which about 60 of them were taken into preventive custody, Chikkadapally police said.
However, party sources claimed about 150 workers including its leaders were picked up when they were peacefully protesting against the state government`s decision.
Addressing the gathering, state BJP chief said the party would organise more protests across the state against the decision which would put additional burden on the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off