AP BJP activists detained over protests on hike in bus fares
Hyderabad: Several BJP activists, including state unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, were taken into custody when they tried to lay siege to the Bus Bhavan here protesting hike in APSRTC passenger fares.
Over 200 BJP workers led by Reddy took out a rally from RTC cross road to the Bus Bhavan (APSRTC administrative building) protesting increase in bus fares by the state government following which about 60 of them were taken into preventive custody, Chikkadapally police said.
However, party sources claimed about 150 workers including its leaders were picked up when they were peacefully protesting against the state government`s decision.
Addressing the gathering, state BJP chief said the party would organise more protests across the state against the decision which would put additional burden on the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city