AP BJP activists detained over protests on hike in bus fares
Hyderabad: Several BJP activists, including state unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, were taken into custody when they tried to lay siege to the Bus Bhavan here protesting hike in APSRTC passenger fares.
Over 200 BJP workers led by Reddy took out a rally from RTC cross road to the Bus Bhavan (APSRTC administrative building) protesting increase in bus fares by the state government following which about 60 of them were taken into preventive custody, Chikkadapally police said.
However, party sources claimed about 150 workers including its leaders were picked up when they were peacefully protesting against the state government`s decision.
Addressing the gathering, state BJP chief said the party would organise more protests across the state against the decision which would put additional burden on the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset