AP BJP activists detained over protests on hike in bus fares
Hyderabad: Several BJP activists, including state unit president G Kishan Reddy and former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, were taken into custody when they tried to lay siege to the Bus Bhavan here protesting hike in APSRTC passenger fares.
Over 200 BJP workers led by Reddy took out a rally from RTC cross road to the Bus Bhavan (APSRTC administrative building) protesting increase in bus fares by the state government following which about 60 of them were taken into preventive custody, Chikkadapally police said.
However, party sources claimed about 150 workers including its leaders were picked up when they were peacefully protesting against the state government`s decision.
Addressing the gathering, state BJP chief said the party would organise more protests across the state against the decision which would put additional burden on the common man.
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Biggest tech merger in history to be called Dell Technologies
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi was codenamed 'gorgeous girl' by European middlemen?
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state