AP BJP chief hopeful of win in Mahaboobnagar
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit President G Kishan Reddy on Tuesday expressed hope that the party would win Mahaboobnagar assembly seat where the by-election is scheduled for March 18.
Speaking to reporters here, Reddy said the party is getting support from all sections of people including students and supporters of pro-Telangana.
Alleging that both Congress and Telugu Desam Party have been playing with the lives of Telangana people over the statehood issue, he said that over 700 persons including students have committed suicide in support of demand for statehood for Telangana region over last three and half years.
By-elections would be held on March 18 in seven assembly constituencies in the state. Except Kovur, all other seat’s Mahabubnagar, Kollapur,Nagarkurnool, Station Ghanpur, Adilabad and Kamareddy fall in Telangana region, which has often witnessed turmoil over the issue of separate statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption