AP BJP chief hopeful of win in Mahaboobnagar
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit President G Kishan Reddy on Tuesday expressed hope that the party would win Mahaboobnagar assembly seat where the by-election is scheduled for March 18.
Speaking to reporters here, Reddy said the party is getting support from all sections of people including students and supporters of pro-Telangana.
Alleging that both Congress and Telugu Desam Party have been playing with the lives of Telangana people over the statehood issue, he said that over 700 persons including students have committed suicide in support of demand for statehood for Telangana region over last three and half years.
By-elections would be held on March 18 in seven assembly constituencies in the state. Except Kovur, all other seat’s Mahabubnagar, Kollapur,Nagarkurnool, Station Ghanpur, Adilabad and Kamareddy fall in Telangana region, which has often witnessed turmoil over the issue of separate statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far