AP BJP chief hopeful of win in Mahaboobnagar
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit President G Kishan Reddy on Tuesday expressed hope that the party would win Mahaboobnagar assembly seat where the by-election is scheduled for March 18.
Speaking to reporters here, Reddy said the party is getting support from all sections of people including students and supporters of pro-Telangana.
Alleging that both Congress and Telugu Desam Party have been playing with the lives of Telangana people over the statehood issue, he said that over 700 persons including students have committed suicide in support of demand for statehood for Telangana region over last three and half years.
By-elections would be held on March 18 in seven assembly constituencies in the state. Except Kovur, all other seat’s Mahabubnagar, Kollapur,Nagarkurnool, Station Ghanpur, Adilabad and Kamareddy fall in Telangana region, which has often witnessed turmoil over the issue of separate statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments