AP BJP chief hopeful of win in Mahaboobnagar
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit President G Kishan Reddy on Tuesday expressed hope that the party would win Mahaboobnagar assembly seat where the by-election is scheduled for March 18.
Speaking to reporters here, Reddy said the party is getting support from all sections of people including students and supporters of pro-Telangana.
Alleging that both Congress and Telugu Desam Party have been playing with the lives of Telangana people over the statehood issue, he said that over 700 persons including students have committed suicide in support of demand for statehood for Telangana region over last three and half years.
By-elections would be held on March 18 in seven assembly constituencies in the state. Except Kovur, all other seat’s Mahabubnagar, Kollapur,Nagarkurnool, Station Ghanpur, Adilabad and Kamareddy fall in Telangana region, which has often witnessed turmoil over the issue of separate statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre