AP BJP chief hopeful of win in Mahaboobnagar
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit President G Kishan Reddy on Tuesday expressed hope that the party would win Mahaboobnagar assembly seat where the by-election is scheduled for March 18.
Speaking to reporters here, Reddy said the party is getting support from all sections of people including students and supporters of pro-Telangana.
Alleging that both Congress and Telugu Desam Party have been playing with the lives of Telangana people over the statehood issue, he said that over 700 persons including students have committed suicide in support of demand for statehood for Telangana region over last three and half years.
By-elections would be held on March 18 in seven assembly constituencies in the state. Except Kovur, all other seat’s Mahabubnagar, Kollapur,Nagarkurnool, Station Ghanpur, Adilabad and Kamareddy fall in Telangana region, which has often witnessed turmoil over the issue of separate statehood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon