AP BJP chief Reddy, home guards in preventive custody
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh BJP president G Kishan Reddy and over 150 home guards were taken into preventive custody today here during a protest march.
The home guards led by Reddy, who is also state homeguards welfare association president, organised a rally from Babu Jagjivan Ram statue demanding higher salary.
When the `Chalo Secretariat` procession reached near Basheerbagh cross road, police who had barricade the area stopped them from proceeding further which resulted in an argument between Reddy and the police.
As the situation became tense, the agitators were taken into preventive custody and shifted to Goshamahal police ground, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'