AP BJP demands white paper on crop loss during `Nilam` cyclone
Hyderabad: Opposition BJP on Sunday asked Andhra Pradesh government to bring a white paper on the loss caused to crops during cyclone `Nilam` and convene an all-party meeting on the issue.
"Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy should convene an all-party meeting to discuss on the damage caused to the crops and relief works taken up by the government," Dattatreya told reporters.
Demanding a white paper on the loss to crops due to the cyclone, the BJP leader said, "paddy, cotton and mirchi crops are damaged in several lakhs of acres in the districts of East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts."
He appealed to the chief minister to announce compensation of Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000 per acre to farmers who have lost their cotton and mirchi crops and Rs 15,000?per acre to paddy crop farmers.
Dattatreya demanded that the government pay Rs 5 lakh as ex-gratia to the kith and kin of those who lost their lives during the cyclone and heavy rains.
As per the government assessment, forty-four people were killed and a massive damage was caused to crops in cyclone `Nilam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read