AP BJP demands white paper on crop loss during `Nilam` cyclone
Hyderabad: Opposition BJP on Sunday asked Andhra Pradesh government to bring a white paper on the loss caused to crops during cyclone `Nilam` and convene an all-party meeting on the issue.
"Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy should convene an all-party meeting to discuss on the damage caused to the crops and relief works taken up by the government," Dattatreya told reporters.
Demanding a white paper on the loss to crops due to the cyclone, the BJP leader said, "paddy, cotton and mirchi crops are damaged in several lakhs of acres in the districts of East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna and Guntur districts."
He appealed to the chief minister to announce compensation of Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000 per acre to farmers who have lost their cotton and mirchi crops and Rs 15,000?per acre to paddy crop farmers.
Dattatreya demanded that the government pay Rs 5 lakh as ex-gratia to the kith and kin of those who lost their lives during the cyclone and heavy rains.
As per the government assessment, forty-four people were killed and a massive damage was caused to crops in cyclone `Nilam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Beacon from Egypt crash detected, search narrows
- Leisure time! Akshay Kumar lazes around in sunshine before the grand release of 'Housefull 3'! – See pic
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again
- Lanka's missing persons office lacked consultations: HRW
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28