`AP BJP ready for alliance with like-minded parties`
Vijayawada: The Andhra Pradesh BJP on Saturday said that it is ready to forge a poll alliance with "like-minded" parties in the state for the upcoming polls.
"BJP is ready to form an alliance with any party which accepts Narendra Modi as our prime ministerial candidate," party state unit president Dr K Haribabu told reporters here today.
There will be reasonable sharing of seats based on the strength among the alliance parties, he said.
He welcomed the decision of the Lok Satta Party and Jana Sena to support BJP.
A grand alliance of BJP, TDP, Lok Satta and just launched Jana Sena Party of actor-turned-politician Pawan Kalyan appears to be a possibility for the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Lok Satta Party of bureaucrat-turned-politician Jayaprakash Narayan announced that his party is ready to consider "strategic alliances and tactical adjustments" with other parties without compromising on its core values.
BJP and TDP are already in talks to sew up an electoral alliance, while the former received a huge boost with Pawan endorsing the candidature of Modi for the Prime Minister`s post.
According to Haribabu, announcement about the alliance will be made within the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok