`AP BJP ready for alliance with like-minded parties`
Vijayawada: The Andhra Pradesh BJP on Saturday said that it is ready to forge a poll alliance with "like-minded" parties in the state for the upcoming polls.
"BJP is ready to form an alliance with any party which accepts Narendra Modi as our prime ministerial candidate," party state unit president Dr K Haribabu told reporters here today.
There will be reasonable sharing of seats based on the strength among the alliance parties, he said.
He welcomed the decision of the Lok Satta Party and Jana Sena to support BJP.
A grand alliance of BJP, TDP, Lok Satta and just launched Jana Sena Party of actor-turned-politician Pawan Kalyan appears to be a possibility for the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Andhra Pradesh.
Lok Satta Party of bureaucrat-turned-politician Jayaprakash Narayan announced that his party is ready to consider "strategic alliances and tactical adjustments" with other parties without compromising on its core values.
BJP and TDP are already in talks to sew up an electoral alliance, while the former received a huge boost with Pawan endorsing the candidature of Modi for the Prime Minister`s post.
According to Haribabu, announcement about the alliance will be made within the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report