AP BJP to frame strategies for next year`s polls
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh BJP unit would soon chalk-out strategies for both the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections next year in the state.
The party would hold meetings with its senior leaders, workers and the people before taking any final decision on the adoption of strategies for the elections next year, state party unit president G Kishan Reddy told reporters here today.
"We will start the exercise by holding a meeting on March 24 in Secunderabad Lok Sabha constituency here," he said.
During the meetings, to be organised in all Lok Sabha constituencies of the state, booth level committees would be set up, besides contacting the masses and highlighting the achievements of the earlier NDA government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Reddy said.
After consulting its leaders, the party would set up committees in every village and town, besides activating its cadre, he said.
The immediate goal is to strengthen the party and ensure that it emerges as a strong force in the elections, Reddy said.
Replying to a query, he said the party would contest all the 294 Assembly and 42 Lok Sabha seats on its own in the state. However, a final decision would be taken after consulting party leaders, he added.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, former state party president N Indrasen Reddy and party`s official spokesperson NVSS Prabhakar were also present during the interaction with mediapersons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead