AP building collapse: Toll rises to four; two held
Hyderabad: One more person on Sunday died, taking
the toll in the building collapse incident in Secunderabad to
four, even as police arrested two persons in the case.
A vendor identified as Nagnath, who was injured in the
incident, died today while undergoing treatment at a hospital,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Zone) Ch Srikant said.
Two persons Ajay Kumar Kataria, who is one of the owners
of the building, and contractor Giri Babu were arrested in
connection with the incident, he said, adding that hunt is on
for three other absconding owners of the building.
All the accused have been booked for negligence, he said.
Slabs of a three-storey building, which was being
dismantled for constructing a new structure, collapsed on some
push-cart vendors on the road at Monda Market yesterday. Three
people were killed and two injured in the mishap.
The condition of the other injured person is stable,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state