AP building collapse: Toll rises to four; two held
Hyderabad: One more person on Sunday died, taking
the toll in the building collapse incident in Secunderabad to
four, even as police arrested two persons in the case.
A vendor identified as Nagnath, who was injured in the
incident, died today while undergoing treatment at a hospital,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Zone) Ch Srikant said.
Two persons Ajay Kumar Kataria, who is one of the owners
of the building, and contractor Giri Babu were arrested in
connection with the incident, he said, adding that hunt is on
for three other absconding owners of the building.
All the accused have been booked for negligence, he said.
Slabs of a three-storey building, which was being
dismantled for constructing a new structure, collapsed on some
push-cart vendors on the road at Monda Market yesterday. Three
people were killed and two injured in the mishap.
The condition of the other injured person is stable,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city