AP building collapse: Toll rises to four; two held
Hyderabad: One more person on Sunday died, taking
the toll in the building collapse incident in Secunderabad to
four, even as police arrested two persons in the case.
A vendor identified as Nagnath, who was injured in the
incident, died today while undergoing treatment at a hospital,
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Zone) Ch Srikant said.
Two persons Ajay Kumar Kataria, who is one of the owners
of the building, and contractor Giri Babu were arrested in
connection with the incident, he said, adding that hunt is on
for three other absconding owners of the building.
All the accused have been booked for negligence, he said.
Slabs of a three-storey building, which was being
dismantled for constructing a new structure, collapsed on some
push-cart vendors on the road at Monda Market yesterday. Three
people were killed and two injured in the mishap.
The condition of the other injured person is stable,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic leaves club to join Bundesliga side Hamburg