AP by-polls campaign: TDP chief targets KCR
Mahbubnagar: Telugu Desam Party chief N
Chandrababu Naidu today lashed out at Telangana Rashtra Samiti
president K Chandrasekhar Rao for imposing by-elections on
people repeatedly for selfish ends.
Naidu also demanded that Congress take decision on
Telangana statehood issue immediately.
Addressing rallies in support of TDP candidate for the
byelection in Mahbubnagar, Chandrababu said KCR made politics
a family affair by roping in his son, daughter and nephew with
the sole aim of making money, and he was never concerned with
the plight of common people.
"Notes, votes and seats are his only agenda," Chandrababu
said. "As an MP he never attends Parliament nor does he visit
his constituency (Mahbubnagar). He stays confined to his farm
house....Can KCR achieve Telangana state by forcing
byelections repeatedly?" the TDP chief said.
Reiterating that TDP was never against Telangana,
Chandrababu said neither did he speak anything against the
statehood demand nor would he speak anything on the issue in
"It is for the ruling Congress to take a call on
Telangana. It should take a quick decision on the issue and
end the turmoil in the state," he demanded.
Maintaining that Congress and BJP had become "spent
forces" at the national level, the former Chief Minister said
regional parties had now come to dominate the national
political scene. The TDP would play a decisive role in future
at the the national level, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department