AP by-polls campaign: TDP chief targets KCR
Mahbubnagar: Telugu Desam Party chief N
Chandrababu Naidu today lashed out at Telangana Rashtra Samiti
president K Chandrasekhar Rao for imposing by-elections on
people repeatedly for selfish ends.
Naidu also demanded that Congress take decision on
Telangana statehood issue immediately.
Addressing rallies in support of TDP candidate for the
byelection in Mahbubnagar, Chandrababu said KCR made politics
a family affair by roping in his son, daughter and nephew with
the sole aim of making money, and he was never concerned with
the plight of common people.
"Notes, votes and seats are his only agenda," Chandrababu
said. "As an MP he never attends Parliament nor does he visit
his constituency (Mahbubnagar). He stays confined to his farm
house....Can KCR achieve Telangana state by forcing
byelections repeatedly?" the TDP chief said.
Reiterating that TDP was never against Telangana,
Chandrababu said neither did he speak anything against the
statehood demand nor would he speak anything on the issue in
"It is for the ruling Congress to take a call on
Telangana. It should take a quick decision on the issue and
end the turmoil in the state," he demanded.
Maintaining that Congress and BJP had become "spent
forces" at the national level, the former Chief Minister said
regional parties had now come to dominate the national
political scene. The TDP would play a decisive role in future
at the the national level, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow