AP by-polls campaign: TDP chief targets KCR
Mahbubnagar: Telugu Desam Party chief N
Chandrababu Naidu today lashed out at Telangana Rashtra Samiti
president K Chandrasekhar Rao for imposing by-elections on
people repeatedly for selfish ends.
Naidu also demanded that Congress take decision on
Telangana statehood issue immediately.
Addressing rallies in support of TDP candidate for the
byelection in Mahbubnagar, Chandrababu said KCR made politics
a family affair by roping in his son, daughter and nephew with
the sole aim of making money, and he was never concerned with
the plight of common people.
"Notes, votes and seats are his only agenda," Chandrababu
said. "As an MP he never attends Parliament nor does he visit
his constituency (Mahbubnagar). He stays confined to his farm
house....Can KCR achieve Telangana state by forcing
byelections repeatedly?" the TDP chief said.
Reiterating that TDP was never against Telangana,
Chandrababu said neither did he speak anything against the
statehood demand nor would he speak anything on the issue in
"It is for the ruling Congress to take a call on
Telangana. It should take a quick decision on the issue and
end the turmoil in the state," he demanded.
Maintaining that Congress and BJP had become "spent
forces" at the national level, the former Chief Minister said
regional parties had now come to dominate the national
political scene. The TDP would play a decisive role in future
at the the national level, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH