AP by-polls: Cong raising Telangana to woo voters
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh`s ruling
Congress, desperate to win the upcoming by-elections to one
Lok Sabha and 18 Assembly seats, is raising the Telangana
issue and citing the threat of possible division of the state
to woo the electorate in non-Telangana regions.
Of the 18 Assembly seats where by-elections are due,
only one (Parakal in Warangal district) is in Telangana
The party is, however, still unable to make up its mind
on whether or not to target its late Chief Minister Y S
Rajasekhara Reddy after attacking his son and YSR Congress
chief Jaganmohan Reddy on graft issue.
Congress has started telling the voters that a vote for
Jagan`s party will lead to division of the state.
As Congress faces an uphill task in the bypolls, it is
using desperate ways to win at least a few seats.
On one hand, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is
pumping in crores of rupees from government coffers in
constituencies going to bypolls for development works.
On the other, party leaders, including ministers, are
attacking Jagan over his alleged "ill-gotten" wealth and some
are also levelling corruption charge against his late father
and Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH