AP by-polls: Several thousand votes found invalid
Hyderabad: Several thousands votes were
found invalid by the election authorities in the just-
concluded by-polls in 12 Assembly constituencies of Andhra
State Chief Electoral Officer I V Subba Rao said as many
as 19,954 votes were found invalid in five Assembly segments
where paper ballots were used in the by-elections.
In each of these five constituencies, over 65 candidates
- majority of them independents - were in the fray.
"This might have caused some confusion in the voters
because of which they stamped on the ballots incorrectly. All
such votes were rejected," Subba Rao said.
In Yellareddy constituency in Nizamabad district, 5,378
votes were rejected. In Huzurabad, Siricilla and Korutla
segments in Karimnagar district 5017, 4201 and 2898 votes were
rejected respectively. In Warangal West 2,460 votes were
In seven other constituencies where Electronic Voting
Machines were used, the total number of votes rejected was 69
with Nizamabad Urban accounting for 30 of them followed by 18
in Chennuru (SC) segment. These were all postal ballots.
Since each candidate in the five constituencies, where
paper ballots were used, got elected with huge margins, none
had any complaints over the rejected votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015