AP by-polls: Several thousand votes found invalid
Hyderabad: Several thousands votes were
found invalid by the election authorities in the just-
concluded by-polls in 12 Assembly constituencies of Andhra
State Chief Electoral Officer I V Subba Rao said as many
as 19,954 votes were found invalid in five Assembly segments
where paper ballots were used in the by-elections.
In each of these five constituencies, over 65 candidates
- majority of them independents - were in the fray.
"This might have caused some confusion in the voters
because of which they stamped on the ballots incorrectly. All
such votes were rejected," Subba Rao said.
In Yellareddy constituency in Nizamabad district, 5,378
votes were rejected. In Huzurabad, Siricilla and Korutla
segments in Karimnagar district 5017, 4201 and 2898 votes were
rejected respectively. In Warangal West 2,460 votes were
In seven other constituencies where Electronic Voting
Machines were used, the total number of votes rejected was 69
with Nizamabad Urban accounting for 30 of them followed by 18
in Chennuru (SC) segment. These were all postal ballots.
Since each candidate in the five constituencies, where
paper ballots were used, got elected with huge margins, none
had any complaints over the rejected votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried