AP by-polls: State EC for `fair` media reporting
Hyderabad: Ahead of the by-polls to seven Assembly constituencies scheduled for March 18, Andhra Pradesh election commission on Wednesday stressed upon the need to ensure fair media reporting without `paid news`.
State Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Bhanwar Lal on Wednesday held a meeting with the print and electronic media to discuss about `paid news`.
Underlining the need to ensure fairness in media reports and to see that `paid news` does not appear in newspapers and electronic media, Lal explained about the mechanism put in place to monitor if `paid news` appeared anywhere in the run-up to the by-elections.
Press Council of India (PCI) member K Amarnath gave a perspective on the issue and highlighted the need to eliminate the phenomenon of paid news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?