AP by-polls: State EC for `fair` media reporting
Hyderabad: Ahead of the by-polls to seven Assembly constituencies scheduled for March 18, Andhra Pradesh election commission on Wednesday stressed upon the need to ensure fair media reporting without `paid news`.
State Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Bhanwar Lal on Wednesday held a meeting with the print and electronic media to discuss about `paid news`.
Underlining the need to ensure fairness in media reports and to see that `paid news` does not appear in newspapers and electronic media, Lal explained about the mechanism put in place to monitor if `paid news` appeared anywhere in the run-up to the by-elections.
Press Council of India (PCI) member K Amarnath gave a perspective on the issue and highlighted the need to eliminate the phenomenon of paid news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq