AP by-polls: State EC for `fair` media reporting
Hyderabad: Ahead of the by-polls to seven Assembly constituencies scheduled for March 18, Andhra Pradesh election commission on Wednesday stressed upon the need to ensure fair media reporting without `paid news`.
State Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Bhanwar Lal on Wednesday held a meeting with the print and electronic media to discuss about `paid news`.
Underlining the need to ensure fairness in media reports and to see that `paid news` does not appear in newspapers and electronic media, Lal explained about the mechanism put in place to monitor if `paid news` appeared anywhere in the run-up to the by-elections.
Press Council of India (PCI) member K Amarnath gave a perspective on the issue and highlighted the need to eliminate the phenomenon of paid news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...