AP by-polls: State EC for `fair` media reporting
Hyderabad: Ahead of the by-polls to seven Assembly constituencies scheduled for March 18, Andhra Pradesh election commission on Wednesday stressed upon the need to ensure fair media reporting without `paid news`.
State Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Bhanwar Lal on Wednesday held a meeting with the print and electronic media to discuss about `paid news`.
Underlining the need to ensure fairness in media reports and to see that `paid news` does not appear in newspapers and electronic media, Lal explained about the mechanism put in place to monitor if `paid news` appeared anywhere in the run-up to the by-elections.
Press Council of India (PCI) member K Amarnath gave a perspective on the issue and highlighted the need to eliminate the phenomenon of paid news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan