AP cabinet ministers slug it out over `YSR legacy`
Hyderabad: Serious differences prevailing
within the Congress-led government in Andhra Pradesh came to
the fore once again on Monday with a few ministers getting into a
verbal duel at the cabinet meeting over the so-called "YSR
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who chaired the
meeting in the state Secretariat here, had to remain a mute
spectator as his colleagues Vatti Vasantha Kumar, D L Ravindra
Reddy, Botsa Satyanarayana, Aanam Ramanarayana Reddy and
others got into a heated argument, cabinet sources said.
It was Vatti (Tourism Minister), who reportedly raised
the issue of continuing the "YSR legacy" and objected to the
criticism of the late Chief Minister`s policies by Ravindra
Reddy (Health Minister) and others, they said.
Ravindra Reddy, a b?te noire of Y S R Reddy, hit back,
saying they would not remain quiet if anyone attacked their
leader Sonia Gandhi. It was an oblique reference to YSR`s son
Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, who had been attacking Gandhi since his
exit from the Congress in November last, the sources added.
Vatti noted that the government was trying to implement
all the schemes launched by YSR. At that point, Satyanarayana
(Transport Minister) referred to the fee reimbursement scheme
for students pursuing professional courses and lamented the
inordinate delay in release of funds.
Finance Minister Aanam Ramanarayana retorted that there
was no laxity on part of the government in releasing the funds
as promised, the sources said.
Infrastructure Minister Komatireddy Venkata Reddy and
a couple of others too joined the issue but the Chief Minister
remained silent, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy