AP cabinet ministers slug it out over `YSR legacy`
Hyderabad: Serious differences prevailing
within the Congress-led government in Andhra Pradesh came to
the fore once again on Monday with a few ministers getting into a
verbal duel at the cabinet meeting over the so-called "YSR
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, who chaired the
meeting in the state Secretariat here, had to remain a mute
spectator as his colleagues Vatti Vasantha Kumar, D L Ravindra
Reddy, Botsa Satyanarayana, Aanam Ramanarayana Reddy and
others got into a heated argument, cabinet sources said.
It was Vatti (Tourism Minister), who reportedly raised
the issue of continuing the "YSR legacy" and objected to the
criticism of the late Chief Minister`s policies by Ravindra
Reddy (Health Minister) and others, they said.
Ravindra Reddy, a b?te noire of Y S R Reddy, hit back,
saying they would not remain quiet if anyone attacked their
leader Sonia Gandhi. It was an oblique reference to YSR`s son
Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, who had been attacking Gandhi since his
exit from the Congress in November last, the sources added.
Vatti noted that the government was trying to implement
all the schemes launched by YSR. At that point, Satyanarayana
(Transport Minister) referred to the fee reimbursement scheme
for students pursuing professional courses and lamented the
inordinate delay in release of funds.
Finance Minister Aanam Ramanarayana retorted that there
was no laxity on part of the government in releasing the funds
as promised, the sources said.
Infrastructure Minister Komatireddy Venkata Reddy and
a couple of others too joined the issue but the Chief Minister
remained silent, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today