AP caretaker CM Kiran Kumar Reddy mulls new party with expelled Congress MPs
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh caretaker Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Sunday held talks with six MPs expelled from the Congress and state ministers loyal to him to chalk out his future course of action.
Kiran Reddy, who last week resigned as chief minister and from the Congress to protest the bifurcation of the state, discussed his reported plans to float a new political party in the Seemandhra region.
L Rajagopal, Sabbam Hari, V Arun Kumar, Sai Pratap, Harsha Kumar and R Sambasiva Rao, who were expelled from the Congress for moving a no-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha against the UPA government, attended the meeting.
State ministers S Sailajanath, P Satyanarayana and Parthasarthi were also present at the meeting.
Kiran Reddy resigned as chief minister and quit the Congress after the Lok Sabha passed the bill for formation of a Telangana state. He alleged that the Congress had done grave injustice to Telugu-speaking people.
Governor ESL Narasimhan has accepted Kiran Reddy`s resignation and asked him to continue as caretaker chief minister.
The Congress has not yet taken a decision whether to name a new chief minister or impose President`s rule.
The central government is likely to issue in a couple of days a gazette notification for formation of Telangana and the successor state of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble