AP CM announces ex-gratia payments to heat wave victims
Hyderabad: With the heat wave claiming as many as 169 lives in Andhra Pardesh, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has decided to grant Rs 1 lakh ex-gratia to family members of victims, it was officially announced here today.
AP Deputy Chief Minister K E Krishnamurthy, who held a review meeting with revenue officials and district collectors over the situation here today, announced this during the meet, an official release said.
Krishnamurthy, who held the review meet over telephone, directed the officials to take measures to provide medical treatment for those affected by the heat wave, it said.
Officials informed him that the heat wave claimed as many as 169 lives so far, in different districts with a maximum 45 deaths reported from Vizianagaram district, followed by East Godavari (27) and Krishna district (22). Most parts of Andhra Pradesh, particularly North coastal districts have been experiencing temperatures over 40 degree Celsius for the past few days.
While appealing to the public to be careful, the Deputy Chief Minister directed district collectors and other officials to take necessary precautionary measures after they informed him that heatwave conditions were likely to prevail for two more days, according to the official release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says