AP CM asks T`gana supporters not to hamper welfare programmes
Hyderabad: Reiterating that it was for the
Centre to take a decision on the contentious statehood issue,
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Tuesday
appealed to Telangana protagonists not to hamper the
development and welfare programmes.
"The Telangana demand is not new and it has been there for
the past 50 years. The Centre appointed the Srikrishna
Committee to look into the issue and based on its
recommendations and consultations with all political parties
it will take a decision. The state government will implement
whatever decision the Centre takes on Telangana", Kiran Kumar
Reddy said, replying to the motion of thanks to the Governors
address in the state Assembly on Tuesday afternoon.
The Chief Minister completed his reply in just about 12
minutes even as the TRS MLAs stormed the Speakers podium and
raised slogans demanding that the House pass a resolution
seeking creation of Telangana state.
Referring to the recent Rachchabanda (mass contact
programme) organised by the government across the state, the
Chief Minister pointed out it was a massive success despite
strong opposition by Telangana protagonists.
"The programme reflected the real aspirations of the
people in getting their grievances redressed. More than 66
lakh new petitions were received during the three-week long
programme from people seeking various welfare measures. Our
government is committed to implement all the welfare
programmes initiated since 2004", Kiran asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'