AP CM directs to strengthen minor irrigation tanks
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah today directed the Minor Irrigation Department to
undertake immediate repairs wherever required and strengthen
Minor Irrigation tanks in the State.
The Chief Minister discussed the measures to protect
all minor irrigation tanks with Minor Irrigation Minister
Sunita Lakshma Reddy, Principal Secretary, Minor Irrigation,S
P Tucker, Special Secretary, Irrigation, A K Jain today.
The rain water should be put to optimum use by
strengthening all water tanks, Rosaiah said, stressing the
need for round-the-clock vigilance and monitoring.
He said that during the rains and floods of 2009, over
1000 irrigation tanks had breached and restoration works had
to be taken up to store water and save standing crops.
The Chief Minister also wanted constant patrolling of
tanks wherever breaches are identified and all the field staff
have been instructed to inspect the approaches of surplus
water and keep them obstruction-free, an official release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?