AP CM directs to strengthen minor irrigation tanks
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah today directed the Minor Irrigation Department to
undertake immediate repairs wherever required and strengthen
Minor Irrigation tanks in the State.
The Chief Minister discussed the measures to protect
all minor irrigation tanks with Minor Irrigation Minister
Sunita Lakshma Reddy, Principal Secretary, Minor Irrigation,S
P Tucker, Special Secretary, Irrigation, A K Jain today.
The rain water should be put to optimum use by
strengthening all water tanks, Rosaiah said, stressing the
need for round-the-clock vigilance and monitoring.
He said that during the rains and floods of 2009, over
1000 irrigation tanks had breached and restoration works had
to be taken up to store water and save standing crops.
The Chief Minister also wanted constant patrolling of
tanks wherever breaches are identified and all the field staff
have been instructed to inspect the approaches of surplus
water and keep them obstruction-free, an official release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH