AP CM directs to strengthen minor irrigation tanks
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
K Rosaiah today directed the Minor Irrigation Department to
undertake immediate repairs wherever required and strengthen
Minor Irrigation tanks in the State.
The Chief Minister discussed the measures to protect
all minor irrigation tanks with Minor Irrigation Minister
Sunita Lakshma Reddy, Principal Secretary, Minor Irrigation,S
P Tucker, Special Secretary, Irrigation, A K Jain today.
The rain water should be put to optimum use by
strengthening all water tanks, Rosaiah said, stressing the
need for round-the-clock vigilance and monitoring.
He said that during the rains and floods of 2009, over
1000 irrigation tanks had breached and restoration works had
to be taken up to store water and save standing crops.
The Chief Minister also wanted constant patrolling of
tanks wherever breaches are identified and all the field staff
have been instructed to inspect the approaches of surplus
water and keep them obstruction-free, an official release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song