AP CM expects clarity on Telangana issue soon
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday hoped there would soon be clarity on the contentious issue of statehood for Telangana from the Centre.
Kiran also said that the Congress should first spell out its stand on the Telangana issue based on which the union government would take a decision.
"During the 1969 and 1971 agitations for bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, the Centre came clear on the issue. The same will happen even now," the Chief Minister said in an informal chat with newsmen here today.
Referring to reports from New Delhi that the Centre would take a call on Telangana very soon, the Chief Minister quipped, "Otherwise why would (Telangana Rashtra Samiti chief) the KCR camp be in New Delhi for these many days!"
Responding to a query, he said there was nothing wrong in people from different regions expressing divergent views on the bifurcation demand.
Meanwhile, Kiran has again appealed to the Telangana Joint Action Committee to put off its proposed March here on September 30. He said that Home Minister Sabita Reddy was talking to the JAC over it.
On the short monsoon session that ended without discussion on any issue, the Chief Minister pointed out that the opposition was equally responsible as the government for the conduct of the House.
"We couldn`t extend the duration of the session as Ganesh (idol) immersion was round the corner. But we will soon convene a special session of the Assembly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez