AP CM expects clarity on Telangana issue soon
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday hoped there would soon be clarity on the contentious issue of statehood for Telangana from the Centre.
Kiran also said that the Congress should first spell out its stand on the Telangana issue based on which the union government would take a decision.
"During the 1969 and 1971 agitations for bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, the Centre came clear on the issue. The same will happen even now," the Chief Minister said in an informal chat with newsmen here today.
Referring to reports from New Delhi that the Centre would take a call on Telangana very soon, the Chief Minister quipped, "Otherwise why would (Telangana Rashtra Samiti chief) the KCR camp be in New Delhi for these many days!"
Responding to a query, he said there was nothing wrong in people from different regions expressing divergent views on the bifurcation demand.
Meanwhile, Kiran has again appealed to the Telangana Joint Action Committee to put off its proposed March here on September 30. He said that Home Minister Sabita Reddy was talking to the JAC over it.
On the short monsoon session that ended without discussion on any issue, the Chief Minister pointed out that the opposition was equally responsible as the government for the conduct of the House.
"We couldn`t extend the duration of the session as Ganesh (idol) immersion was round the corner. But we will soon convene a special session of the Assembly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi