AP CM hails successful launch of PSLV-C20 from Sriharikota
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and Leader of Opposition of the Andhra Pradesh assembly N Chandrababu Naidu today hailed the successful launch of PSLV-C20 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR) at Sriharikota.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientists have done India proud yet again and placed the country among leading space powers of the world, they said in separate statements.
The AP Chief Minister, who witnessed the mission along with President Pranab Mukherjee at SHAR, congratulated ISRO Chairman Radhakrishnan and his team of scientists over the launch.
Chandrababu said the SARAL satellite that ISRO put into space would help forecast of climatic changes better and give a thrust to agricultural research activities.
"All this will benefit farmers and rural communities immensely by delivering to them the fruits of science and technological development," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"