AP CM hails successful launch of PSLV-C20 from Sriharikota
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and Leader of Opposition of the Andhra Pradesh assembly N Chandrababu Naidu today hailed the successful launch of PSLV-C20 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR) at Sriharikota.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientists have done India proud yet again and placed the country among leading space powers of the world, they said in separate statements.
The AP Chief Minister, who witnessed the mission along with President Pranab Mukherjee at SHAR, congratulated ISRO Chairman Radhakrishnan and his team of scientists over the launch.
Chandrababu said the SARAL satellite that ISRO put into space would help forecast of climatic changes better and give a thrust to agricultural research activities.
"All this will benefit farmers and rural communities immensely by delivering to them the fruits of science and technological development," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt