AP CM hails successful launch of PSLV-C20 from Sriharikota
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and Leader of Opposition of the Andhra Pradesh assembly N Chandrababu Naidu today hailed the successful launch of PSLV-C20 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR) at Sriharikota.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientists have done India proud yet again and placed the country among leading space powers of the world, they said in separate statements.
The AP Chief Minister, who witnessed the mission along with President Pranab Mukherjee at SHAR, congratulated ISRO Chairman Radhakrishnan and his team of scientists over the launch.
Chandrababu said the SARAL satellite that ISRO put into space would help forecast of climatic changes better and give a thrust to agricultural research activities.
"All this will benefit farmers and rural communities immensely by delivering to them the fruits of science and technological development," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report