AP CM hopeful of `appropriate` decision on Telangana
Vijayawada (AP): Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Tuesday hoped that the Centre would soon take an appropriate decision on the Telangana issue in the best interests of the state and country.
"There is separate state demand from Telangana region, while there is united Andhra Pradesh demand from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions. This is a difficult situation. I hope the Centre and Congress would take an appropriate decision in the best interests of the state and the country, which benefits the highest number of people," Reddy said.
He was addressing a gathering on the first day of his `Indiramma Bata` (on the path shown by Indiramma) mass-contact programme in Krishna district.
The Chief Minister`s remarks came against the backdrop of reports that consultations were going on in Delhi to resolve the contentious issue.
While Congress leaders from Telangana maintained that they expected a favourable outcome soon, their counterparts from non-Telangana regions asserted that consultations still need to be carried out towards finding a solution to the issue.
Meanwhile, Reddy participated in several programmes here. He laid the foundation stone for a road at Gannavaram junction which will be laid at a cost of Rs 1.50 crore.
Late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy had started the students tuition fees reimbursement with Rs 800 crores which has now gone up to Rs 4,000 crore, he said on the occasion.
State ministers K Parthasarathi, Thota Narasimham, Vijayawada MP L Rajagopal, MLAs Malladi Vishnu, V Srinivasa Rao, Jogi Ramesh and senior officials participated in the programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly