AP CM inaugurates state wide video-conferencing network
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister inaugurated a video-conferencing facility here today up to the district zone (tehsil) level under the Andhra Pradesh State Wide Area Network (AP SWAN).
Through the network, the AP State Secretariat in Hyderabad would have a direct video-conferencing link with all 1126 district zones across the state, facilitating direct interaction between top level officials and field level functionaries, official sources said.
AP pioneered video-conferencing facility way back in 2000 when the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was in power, linking the AP state secretariat to all 23 district headquarters.
With the extension of the service area today, the network became the largest in the country that would help the government conduct multi-level video-conferencing in real time.
It would also connect revenue divisional offices and offices of the Chief Planning Officers in each district, as well as project officers of Integrated Tribal Development Agencies.
Speaking on the occasion, the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said here today that the facility would bring "absolute transparency" in government functioning and also take the administration closer to the people.
"This will help the government, the district administration and the people particularly for cyclone, drought and flood relief work. Regular monitoring and review of welfare schemes and e-Governance projects would be possible," he said.
Later, Reddy video-conferenced with the district official of his native place at Kalikiri in Chittoor district and enquired about petitions from people about various problems.
The chief minister also spoke to the revenue divisional officer of Jangaon in Warangal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender