AP CM inaugurates state wide video-conferencing network
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister inaugurated a video-conferencing facility here on Monday up to the district zone (tehsil) level under the Andhra Pradesh State Wide Area Network (AP SWAN).
Through the network, the AP State Secretariat in Hyderabad would have a direct video-conferencing link with all 1126 district zones across the state, facilitating direct interaction between top level officials and field level functionaries, official sources said.
AP pioneered video-conferencing facility way back in 2000 when the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was in power, linking the AP state secretariat to all 23 district headquarters.
With the extension of the service area today, the network became the largest in the country that would help the government conduct multi-level video-conferencing in real time.
It would also connect revenue divisional offices and offices of the Chief Planning Officers in each district, as well as project officers of Integrated Tribal Development Agencies.
Speaking on the occasion, the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said here today that the facility would bring "absolute transparency" in government functioning and also take the administration closer to the people.
"This will help the government, the district administration and the people particularly for cyclone, drought and flood relief work. Regular monitoring and review of welfare schemes and e-Governance projects would be possible," he said.
Later, Reddy video-conferenced with the district official
of his native place at Kalikiri in Chittoor district and enquired about petitions from people about various problems.
The chief minister also spoke to the revenue divisional officer of Jangaon in Warangal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand