AP CM inaugurates state wide video-conferencing network
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister inaugurated a video-conferencing facility here on Monday up to the district zone (tehsil) level under the Andhra Pradesh State Wide Area Network (AP SWAN).
Through the network, the AP State Secretariat in Hyderabad would have a direct video-conferencing link with all 1126 district zones across the state, facilitating direct interaction between top level officials and field level functionaries, official sources said.
AP pioneered video-conferencing facility way back in 2000 when the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was in power, linking the AP state secretariat to all 23 district headquarters.
With the extension of the service area today, the network became the largest in the country that would help the government conduct multi-level video-conferencing in real time.
It would also connect revenue divisional offices and offices of the Chief Planning Officers in each district, as well as project officers of Integrated Tribal Development Agencies.
Speaking on the occasion, the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said here today that the facility would bring "absolute transparency" in government functioning and also take the administration closer to the people.
"This will help the government, the district administration and the people particularly for cyclone, drought and flood relief work. Regular monitoring and review of welfare schemes and e-Governance projects would be possible," he said.
Later, Reddy video-conferenced with the district official
of his native place at Kalikiri in Chittoor district and enquired about petitions from people about various problems.
The chief minister also spoke to the revenue divisional officer of Jangaon in Warangal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!