AP CM inaugurates state wide video-conferencing network
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister inaugurated a video-conferencing facility here on Monday up to the district zone (tehsil) level under the Andhra Pradesh State Wide Area Network (AP SWAN).
Through the network, the AP State Secretariat in Hyderabad would have a direct video-conferencing link with all 1126 district zones across the state, facilitating direct interaction between top level officials and field level functionaries, official sources said.
AP pioneered video-conferencing facility way back in 2000 when the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was in power, linking the AP state secretariat to all 23 district headquarters.
With the extension of the service area today, the network became the largest in the country that would help the government conduct multi-level video-conferencing in real time.
It would also connect revenue divisional offices and offices of the Chief Planning Officers in each district, as well as project officers of Integrated Tribal Development Agencies.
Speaking on the occasion, the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy said here today that the facility would bring "absolute transparency" in government functioning and also take the administration closer to the people.
"This will help the government, the district administration and the people particularly for cyclone, drought and flood relief work. Regular monitoring and review of welfare schemes and e-Governance projects would be possible," he said.
Later, Reddy video-conferenced with the district official
of his native place at Kalikiri in Chittoor district and enquired about petitions from people about various problems.
The chief minister also spoke to the revenue divisional officer of Jangaon in Warangal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details