AP CM meets President Pranab Mukherjee in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and others called on President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Nilayam here on Sunday.
The Chief Minister made a courtesy visit to the President, official sources said. Mukherjee arrived here on December 19 for his customary winter sojourn.
He visited Tamil Nadu and Kerala last week for several engagements, including unveiling of a statue of former Kerala Chief Minister K Karunakaran.
The President would stay at the Rashtrapati Nilayam at Bolarum, Secunderabad during his sojourn from December 19 to 31.
Rashtrapati Nilayam is one of the two official retreats of the President of India, the other being `The Retreat Building` in Shimla.
It is customary for the President to visit Rashtrapati Nilayam and stay there at least once a year and conduct official business from there.
Located at Bolarum in Secunderabad, the 11-room single-storey building spread over 90 acres, which houses the Rashtrapati Nilayam, was handed over to the President`s Secretariat after the erstwhile state of Hyderabad was liberated from the Nizam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites