AP CM meets President Pranab Mukherjee in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and others called on President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Nilayam here on Sunday.
The Chief Minister made a courtesy visit to the President, official sources said. Mukherjee arrived here on December 19 for his customary winter sojourn.
He visited Tamil Nadu and Kerala last week for several engagements, including unveiling of a statue of former Kerala Chief Minister K Karunakaran.
The President would stay at the Rashtrapati Nilayam at Bolarum, Secunderabad during his sojourn from December 19 to 31.
Rashtrapati Nilayam is one of the two official retreats of the President of India, the other being `The Retreat Building` in Shimla.
It is customary for the President to visit Rashtrapati Nilayam and stay there at least once a year and conduct official business from there.
Located at Bolarum in Secunderabad, the 11-room single-storey building spread over 90 acres, which houses the Rashtrapati Nilayam, was handed over to the President`s Secretariat after the erstwhile state of Hyderabad was liberated from the Nizam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?