AP CM orders inquiry into fire at Manikonda
Hyderabad : Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Monday directed the State Disaster Response and Fire Services Department to conduct a detailed enquiry into the fire which claimed five lives, including that of a new-born baby, at Manikonda near here.
The Chief Minister spoke to the state Home Minister Sabita Reddy who visited the spot and obtained details about the last night incident.
As reports indicated that the apartment complex and the adjacent godown did not have requisite permissions from the municipal department, and the fire tenders could not reach the spot in time, the Chief Minister ordered an inquiry, a press release from CMO said.
Asking the authorities to initiate action against those responsible, Kiran Kumar also extended sympathies to the bereaved families.
Ranga Reddy district Collector A Vani Prasad and Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwaraka Tirumala Rao visited the spot today and supervised the relief operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?