AP CM orders inquiry into fire at Manikonda
Hyderabad : Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Monday directed the State Disaster Response and Fire Services Department to conduct a detailed enquiry into the fire which claimed five lives, including that of a new-born baby, at Manikonda near here.
The Chief Minister spoke to the state Home Minister Sabita Reddy who visited the spot and obtained details about the last night incident.
As reports indicated that the apartment complex and the adjacent godown did not have requisite permissions from the municipal department, and the fire tenders could not reach the spot in time, the Chief Minister ordered an inquiry, a press release from CMO said.
Asking the authorities to initiate action against those responsible, Kiran Kumar also extended sympathies to the bereaved families.
Ranga Reddy district Collector A Vani Prasad and Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwaraka Tirumala Rao visited the spot today and supervised the relief operation.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016