AP CM orders inquiry into fire at Manikonda
Hyderabad : Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Monday directed the State Disaster Response and Fire Services Department to conduct a detailed enquiry into the fire which claimed five lives, including that of a new-born baby, at Manikonda near here.
The Chief Minister spoke to the state Home Minister Sabita Reddy who visited the spot and obtained details about the last night incident.
As reports indicated that the apartment complex and the adjacent godown did not have requisite permissions from the municipal department, and the fire tenders could not reach the spot in time, the Chief Minister ordered an inquiry, a press release from CMO said.
Asking the authorities to initiate action against those responsible, Kiran Kumar also extended sympathies to the bereaved families.
Ranga Reddy district Collector A Vani Prasad and Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwaraka Tirumala Rao visited the spot today and supervised the relief operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder