AP CM says he will strive hard to keep Andhra Pradesh `united`
Chodavaram: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said here on Friday that he would strive hard to keep Andhra Pradesh "united", at a public grievances and mass contact programme here today.
"I will fight to keep the state united until the last. The central government should honour sentiments of the people of all regions in an equal manner," he said.
He would strongly oppose bifurcation of the state during his meeting with the Group of Ministers in New Delhi later this month, he said, adding that he is not bothered about the Chief Minister`s post.
"I am not worried about my post. I will stand for a united state. The Centre should reconsider its decision on bifurcation of the state. The state will not develop if it is divided. Both the states have to suffer a lot. Maoist menace will increase in both the regions if it is divided," he said.
He said that the Telangana region would suffer more than the Seemandhra region after bifurcation of the state.
He said the at present the state spends Rs 43,000 crore on government employees` salaries and pensions every year and after bifurcation both states would have to increase this by another 50 per cent.
"It is better to keep the state united for the sake of the people and for over all development of the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!