AP CM says he will strive hard to keep Andhra Pradesh `united`
Chodavaram: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said here on Friday that he would strive hard to keep Andhra Pradesh "united", at a public grievances and mass contact programme here today.
"I will fight to keep the state united until the last. The central government should honour sentiments of the people of all regions in an equal manner," he said.
He would strongly oppose bifurcation of the state during his meeting with the Group of Ministers in New Delhi later this month, he said, adding that he is not bothered about the Chief Minister`s post.
"I am not worried about my post. I will stand for a united state. The Centre should reconsider its decision on bifurcation of the state. The state will not develop if it is divided. Both the states have to suffer a lot. Maoist menace will increase in both the regions if it is divided," he said.
He said that the Telangana region would suffer more than the Seemandhra region after bifurcation of the state.
He said the at present the state spends Rs 43,000 crore on government employees` salaries and pensions every year and after bifurcation both states would have to increase this by another 50 per cent.
"It is better to keep the state united for the sake of the people and for over all development of the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof