AP coastal districts put on high alert
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
on Wednesday put officials of nine coastal districts in the state on
high alert following major earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy directed Collectors
of coastal districts in the state to take all precautionary
measures and utilise the services of armed forces, if
required, to meet any eventuality.
He asked the Collectors to open control rooms and ask
fishermen, who ventured into the sea, to return home
immediately and also evacuate people from the beaches, a press
release from the CMO said.
The AP Disaster Management Department opened a
round-the-clock control room in the state Secretariat here to
monitor the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`