AP coastal districts put on high alert
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
on Wednesday put officials of nine coastal districts in the state on
high alert following major earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy directed Collectors
of coastal districts in the state to take all precautionary
measures and utilise the services of armed forces, if
required, to meet any eventuality.
He asked the Collectors to open control rooms and ask
fishermen, who ventured into the sea, to return home
immediately and also evacuate people from the beaches, a press
release from the CMO said.
The AP Disaster Management Department opened a
round-the-clock control room in the state Secretariat here to
monitor the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday