AP coastal districts put on high alert
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
on Wednesday put officials of nine coastal districts in the state on
high alert following major earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy directed Collectors
of coastal districts in the state to take all precautionary
measures and utilise the services of armed forces, if
required, to meet any eventuality.
He asked the Collectors to open control rooms and ask
fishermen, who ventured into the sea, to return home
immediately and also evacuate people from the beaches, a press
release from the CMO said.
The AP Disaster Management Department opened a
round-the-clock control room in the state Secretariat here to
monitor the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back