AP coastal districts put on high alert
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
on Wednesday put officials of nine coastal districts in the state on
high alert following major earthquake in Indonesia.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy directed Collectors
of coastal districts in the state to take all precautionary
measures and utilise the services of armed forces, if
required, to meet any eventuality.
He asked the Collectors to open control rooms and ask
fishermen, who ventured into the sea, to return home
immediately and also evacuate people from the beaches, a press
release from the CMO said.
The AP Disaster Management Department opened a
round-the-clock control room in the state Secretariat here to
monitor the situation.
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?