AP Cong demands apology from CPM
Vijayawada: The Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee has demanded an apology from the CPM to farmers in Krishna region for its objection to release of irrigation water for Krishna delta from Nagarjuna Sagar dam.
Yesterday, CPM state secretary BV Raghavulu wrote a letter to the Chief Minister objecting to the release of water from Nagarjuna Sagar to Krishna delta.
State Congress Committee secretary Kolanukonda Shivaji told reporters here today that "none has the right to deny the farmers the water from the historical Krishna delta" and demanded an apology from the CPM over the issue.
He said it is the tradition to release water from Nagarjuna Sagar to Krishna delta on priority and previously many times the water was also released from dead storage to protect the interests of farmers in Krishna delta region.
The CPI had yesterday demanded that the state government convene an all-party meeting to discuss the row over releasing irrigation water to Krishna and other districts.
The controversy began after TRS objected to the release of water from Nagarjuna Sagar dam, which is at a low level, to the `Krishna delta` - districts of Krishna and Guntur, among others, in coastal Andhra - on the ground that it would deprive Hyderabad and some Telangana districts of even water to drink.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened