AP Cong demands apology from CPM
Vijayawada: The Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee has demanded an apology from the CPM to farmers in Krishna region for its objection to release of irrigation water for Krishna delta from Nagarjuna Sagar dam.
Yesterday, CPM state secretary BV Raghavulu wrote a letter to the Chief Minister objecting to the release of water from Nagarjuna Sagar to Krishna delta.
State Congress Committee secretary Kolanukonda Shivaji told reporters here today that "none has the right to deny the farmers the water from the historical Krishna delta" and demanded an apology from the CPM over the issue.
He said it is the tradition to release water from Nagarjuna Sagar to Krishna delta on priority and previously many times the water was also released from dead storage to protect the interests of farmers in Krishna delta region.
The CPI had yesterday demanded that the state government convene an all-party meeting to discuss the row over releasing irrigation water to Krishna and other districts.
The controversy began after TRS objected to the release of water from Nagarjuna Sagar dam, which is at a low level, to the `Krishna delta` - districts of Krishna and Guntur, among others, in coastal Andhra - on the ground that it would deprive Hyderabad and some Telangana districts of even water to drink.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'