AP Cong distributes authorisation letters
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana on Monday handed over the authorisation letters to the party candidates in the by-polls scheduled to be
held for seven assembly seats on March 18.
He distributed the `B-forms` to the nominees at Gandhi Bhavan and the party leaders expressed confidence that the party would put up a good show in the polls.
Meanwhile, Lok Satta Party of bureaucrat-turned-politician Jayaprakash Narayan said it will
field nominees from Kovur and Mahabubnagar.
By-elections have been necessitated in Adilabad, Nagarkurnool, Kollapur, Station Ghanpur and Kamareddy due to the resignation of sitting members in support of separate Telangana statehood demand.
The sitting MLA died in Mahabubnagar. The sitting TDP MLA of Kovur quit in support of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy which caused the by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US government seeks ban on swimming with Hawaii dolphins
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton exchange angry charges of racism
- Hospitals won`t bill Florida nightclub shooting victims
- New Syrian rebel advance against IS may take months, commander says
- Hundreds challenge human pyramid limits at Indian Hindu festival