AP Cong distributes authorisation letters
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana on Monday handed over the authorisation letters to the party candidates in the by-polls scheduled to be
held for seven assembly seats on March 18.
He distributed the `B-forms` to the nominees at Gandhi Bhavan and the party leaders expressed confidence that the party would put up a good show in the polls.
Meanwhile, Lok Satta Party of bureaucrat-turned-politician Jayaprakash Narayan said it will
field nominees from Kovur and Mahabubnagar.
By-elections have been necessitated in Adilabad, Nagarkurnool, Kollapur, Station Ghanpur and Kamareddy due to the resignation of sitting members in support of separate Telangana statehood demand.
The sitting MLA died in Mahabubnagar. The sitting TDP MLA of Kovur quit in support of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy which caused the by-poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters