AP Cong distributes authorisation letters
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana on Monday handed over the authorisation letters to the party candidates in the by-polls scheduled to be
held for seven assembly seats on March 18.
He distributed the `B-forms` to the nominees at Gandhi Bhavan and the party leaders expressed confidence that the party would put up a good show in the polls.
Meanwhile, Lok Satta Party of bureaucrat-turned-politician Jayaprakash Narayan said it will
field nominees from Kovur and Mahabubnagar.
By-elections have been necessitated in Adilabad, Nagarkurnool, Kollapur, Station Ghanpur and Kamareddy due to the resignation of sitting members in support of separate Telangana statehood demand.
The sitting MLA died in Mahabubnagar. The sitting TDP MLA of Kovur quit in support of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy which caused the by-poll.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference