AP Cong to seek disciplinary action against nine rebel MLAs
Hyderabad: Taking a tough stand, the ruling Congress in Andhra Pradesh today said it would soon seek disciplinary action against the nine rebel MLAs who voted against the Government during a no-confidence motion last week.
"There is no question of leniency. We want tough action against (rebel MLAs). We will complain to the Speaker soon and we believe he will take quick action over that," Congress Chief Whip G Venkata Ramana Reddy told reporters here tonight after a meeting of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP).
As many as nine Congress MLAs had defied the party line and voted in favour of the no-confidence motion moved by TRS and supported by YSR Congress and others.
Fresh from a resounding victory in the polls to the cooperative bodies in Andhra Pradesh, the party has now set its eyes on the ensuing local body polls and next year`s general and Assembly elections.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana would hold district-wise review meetings with MLAs and others during the ongoing Budget session of Assembly, Ramana Reddy said.
During the CLP meeting, Chief Minister and the PCC President asked the legislators to gear up for the coming polls.
The Chief Minister told the legislators about the measures being taken by the Government to tide over the massive power shortage in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video