AP Cong wins no-confidence motion
Hyderabad: The Congress government in Andhra Pradesh on Friday night won a no-confidence motion moved by TRS and supported by YSR Congress and other opposition parties.
Capping a day-long acrimonious debate in the Assembly that went on till small hours of Saturday, the motion was defeated by 84 votes in a head count by division.
The no-confidence motion moved by TSR legislature party leader E Rajender got 58 votes in favour of it and 142 votes against it.
The main opposition TDP remained neutral and the total number of neutral MLAs was 64.
Significantly several known rebel MLAs of ruling Congress and also TDP violated their party line as expected. Disciplinary action is expected to be taken against them.
In an elaborate speech in defence of his government Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy highlighted the numerous development and welfare programs being implemented by his government and alleged that opposition parties moved the no-confidence motion as they feared a rout in the ensuing local body election and without a valid reason.
The Opposition parties mainly attacked the government over the prevailing power crisis in the state among other burning issues.
The TRS said it moved the motion as the Congress failed to implement its promise to form separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof