AP Congress MLA booked for slapping a cop
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress MLA Shankar Rao was charged on Wednesday for slapping a policeman on duty.
Rao slapped a police constable who was on duty at a polling booth for asking his identity proof. The lawmaker reportedly considered the request to be below his dignity.
Rao, however, defended his act saying: "When I asked the officer at the polling booth if he didn`t recognize me. He replied in the negative. This is a total failure of administration."
In July, Rao was caught on camera slapping a supermarket employee. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video