AP Congress MLA booked for slapping a cop
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress MLA Shankar Rao was charged on Wednesday for slapping a policeman on duty.
Rao slapped a police constable who was on duty at a polling booth for asking his identity proof. The lawmaker reportedly considered the request to be below his dignity.
Rao, however, defended his act saying: "When I asked the officer at the polling booth if he didn`t recognize me. He replied in the negative. This is a total failure of administration."
In July, Rao was caught on camera slapping a supermarket employee. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh