AP Congress MLA booked for slapping a cop
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Congress MLA Shankar Rao was charged on Wednesday for slapping a policeman on duty.
Rao slapped a police constable who was on duty at a polling booth for asking his identity proof. The lawmaker reportedly considered the request to be below his dignity.
Rao, however, defended his act saying: "When I asked the officer at the polling booth if he didn`t recognize me. He replied in the negative. This is a total failure of administration."
In July, Rao was caught on camera slapping a supermarket employee. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal