AP: Cops nab Maoists, seize arms during combing operations
Hyderabad: Police arrested five CPI (Maoist) dalam members and seized weapons during a combing operation in a forest in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district.
Police seized two guns, ammunition and sharp weapons from them.
A special police party noticed the ultras` movements when they were on a routine combing operation in Chelamalla forest area of the Charla mandal of Bhadrachalam division.
After interrogation, it was revealed that the five worked in the Venkatapuram area committee and were members of the Sukhadev and Sunil dalams (Maoist squads).
The five were identified as M Nanda, M Bhimaiah, M Pojjaiah, M Lakshmi and S Jogaiah. They were involved in as many as 15 offences over the past few years, besides planning to ambush police teams, a senior police officer told PTI over phone from Bhadrachalam.
The Maoist dalam members had planned to hold meetings after mobilising people and indulge in violence in Chelamalla forest area on the direction of their leader Sukhadev and Sunita during the Maoists` `Martyrs` Week`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing