AP: Cops nab Maoists, seize arms during combing operations
Hyderabad: Police arrested five CPI (Maoist) dalam members and seized weapons during a combing operation in a forest in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district.
Police seized two guns, ammunition and sharp weapons from them.
A special police party noticed the ultras` movements when they were on a routine combing operation in Chelamalla forest area of the Charla mandal of Bhadrachalam division.
After interrogation, it was revealed that the five worked in the Venkatapuram area committee and were members of the Sukhadev and Sunil dalams (Maoist squads).
The five were identified as M Nanda, M Bhimaiah, M Pojjaiah, M Lakshmi and S Jogaiah. They were involved in as many as 15 offences over the past few years, besides planning to ambush police teams, a senior police officer told PTI over phone from Bhadrachalam.
The Maoist dalam members had planned to hold meetings after mobilising people and indulge in violence in Chelamalla forest area on the direction of their leader Sukhadev and Sunita during the Maoists` `Martyrs` Week`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL