AP: Cops nab Maoists, seize arms during combing operations
Hyderabad: Police arrested five CPI (Maoist) dalam members and seized weapons during a combing operation in a forest in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district.
Police seized two guns, ammunition and sharp weapons from them.
A special police party noticed the ultras` movements when they were on a routine combing operation in Chelamalla forest area of the Charla mandal of Bhadrachalam division.
After interrogation, it was revealed that the five worked in the Venkatapuram area committee and were members of the Sukhadev and Sunil dalams (Maoist squads).
The five were identified as M Nanda, M Bhimaiah, M Pojjaiah, M Lakshmi and S Jogaiah. They were involved in as many as 15 offences over the past few years, besides planning to ambush police teams, a senior police officer told PTI over phone from Bhadrachalam.
The Maoist dalam members had planned to hold meetings after mobilising people and indulge in violence in Chelamalla forest area on the direction of their leader Sukhadev and Sunita during the Maoists` `Martyrs` Week`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen