AP: Cops nab Maoists, seize arms during combing operations
Hyderabad: Police arrested five CPI (Maoist) dalam members and seized weapons during a combing operation in a forest in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district.
Police seized two guns, ammunition and sharp weapons from them.
A special police party noticed the ultras` movements when they were on a routine combing operation in Chelamalla forest area of the Charla mandal of Bhadrachalam division.
After interrogation, it was revealed that the five worked in the Venkatapuram area committee and were members of the Sukhadev and Sunil dalams (Maoist squads).
The five were identified as M Nanda, M Bhimaiah, M Pojjaiah, M Lakshmi and S Jogaiah. They were involved in as many as 15 offences over the past few years, besides planning to ambush police teams, a senior police officer told PTI over phone from Bhadrachalam.
The Maoist dalam members had planned to hold meetings after mobilising people and indulge in violence in Chelamalla forest area on the direction of their leader Sukhadev and Sunita during the Maoists` `Martyrs` Week`, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH