AP: Court refuses bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad
Hyderabad: The special CBI court on Wednesday dismissed the bail application of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested in connection with the case pertaining to quid-pro-quo deals involving jailed Kadapa MP, Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
This is the second time the court has turned down Prasad`s plea. It had rejected the earlier bail application on July 30.
CBI, opposing the bail, had said it had yet to carry out more investigation into the controversial VANPIC project, promoted by Prasad.
Prasad contended, among other things, that the accused in the fourth chargesheet filed by CBI had not been arrested, while he was still in jail.
According to CBI, Prasad, as a chairman of Matrix Group, got nearly 24,000 acres of land from Andhra Pradesh government in 2007-08 for VANPIC, in return for for investments, allegedly to the tune of Rs 854 crore, made by him in Jagan`s businesses, when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was the Chief Minister.
The central agency, which arrested Prasad on May 15, had earlier contended that various undue concessions were extended to Vadarevu and Nizampatnam Port and Industrial Corridor project (VANPIC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH