AP: Court refuses bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad
Hyderabad: The special CBI court on Wednesday dismissed the bail application of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested in connection with the case pertaining to quid-pro-quo deals involving jailed Kadapa MP, Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
This is the second time the court has turned down Prasad`s plea. It had rejected the earlier bail application on July 30.
CBI, opposing the bail, had said it had yet to carry out more investigation into the controversial VANPIC project, promoted by Prasad.
Prasad contended, among other things, that the accused in the fourth chargesheet filed by CBI had not been arrested, while he was still in jail.
According to CBI, Prasad, as a chairman of Matrix Group, got nearly 24,000 acres of land from Andhra Pradesh government in 2007-08 for VANPIC, in return for for investments, allegedly to the tune of Rs 854 crore, made by him in Jagan`s businesses, when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was the Chief Minister.
The central agency, which arrested Prasad on May 15, had earlier contended that various undue concessions were extended to Vadarevu and Nizampatnam Port and Industrial Corridor project (VANPIC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed