AP: Court refuses bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad
Hyderabad: The special CBI court on Wednesday dismissed the bail application of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested in connection with the case pertaining to quid-pro-quo deals involving jailed Kadapa MP, Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
This is the second time the court has turned down Prasad`s plea. It had rejected the earlier bail application on July 30.
CBI, opposing the bail, had said it had yet to carry out more investigation into the controversial VANPIC project, promoted by Prasad.
Prasad contended, among other things, that the accused in the fourth chargesheet filed by CBI had not been arrested, while he was still in jail.
According to CBI, Prasad, as a chairman of Matrix Group, got nearly 24,000 acres of land from Andhra Pradesh government in 2007-08 for VANPIC, in return for for investments, allegedly to the tune of Rs 854 crore, made by him in Jagan`s businesses, when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was the Chief Minister.
The central agency, which arrested Prasad on May 15, had earlier contended that various undue concessions were extended to Vadarevu and Nizampatnam Port and Industrial Corridor project (VANPIC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September