AP: Court refuses bail to industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad
Hyderabad: The special CBI court on Wednesday dismissed the bail application of industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, arrested in connection with the case pertaining to quid-pro-quo deals involving jailed Kadapa MP, Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
This is the second time the court has turned down Prasad`s plea. It had rejected the earlier bail application on July 30.
CBI, opposing the bail, had said it had yet to carry out more investigation into the controversial VANPIC project, promoted by Prasad.
Prasad contended, among other things, that the accused in the fourth chargesheet filed by CBI had not been arrested, while he was still in jail.
According to CBI, Prasad, as a chairman of Matrix Group, got nearly 24,000 acres of land from Andhra Pradesh government in 2007-08 for VANPIC, in return for for investments, allegedly to the tune of Rs 854 crore, made by him in Jagan`s businesses, when Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was the Chief Minister.
The central agency, which arrested Prasad on May 15, had earlier contended that various undue concessions were extended to Vadarevu and Nizampatnam Port and Industrial Corridor project (VANPIC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users