AP DGP appears before Tribunal in connection with contempt case
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh DGP R R Girish
Kumar on Friday appeared before AP Administrative Tribunal, after
a non-bailable warrant was issued against him for not
appearing before the tribunal in connection with a contempt
The tribunal, while dealing with a contempt case filed
by a police officer Vinod Kumar working in OCTOPUS (AP`s
anti-terror outfit), had ordered the DGP to appear before it
Girish Kumar told the tribunal that appropriate measures
will be taken to address the police officer`s complain in a
week`s time and a compliance report will be filed before it on
March 26, after which the case was posted for the same date.
Earlier, Vinod Kumar in his petition complained that
authorities did not promote him in spite of an order from
The AP Administrative Tribunal had given its interim
direction in October last year directing the DGP (implementing
authority) to promote Vinod Kumar as DSP as per a Government
Order. The tribunal also issued a notice to the DGP on
February 24 giving him 15-days time to implement its orders or
appear before it.
Girish Kumar, however, filed an application saying he
would not be able to personally appear before the tribunal,
after which the tribunal issued a NBW against the DGP on March
17, the petitioner`s counsel Jonnalagadda Sudheer told agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM