AP DGP appears before Tribunal in connection with contempt case
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh DGP R R Girish
Kumar on Friday appeared before AP Administrative Tribunal, after
a non-bailable warrant was issued against him for not
appearing before the tribunal in connection with a contempt
The tribunal, while dealing with a contempt case filed
by a police officer Vinod Kumar working in OCTOPUS (AP`s
anti-terror outfit), had ordered the DGP to appear before it
Girish Kumar told the tribunal that appropriate measures
will be taken to address the police officer`s complain in a
week`s time and a compliance report will be filed before it on
March 26, after which the case was posted for the same date.
Earlier, Vinod Kumar in his petition complained that
authorities did not promote him in spite of an order from
The AP Administrative Tribunal had given its interim
direction in October last year directing the DGP (implementing
authority) to promote Vinod Kumar as DSP as per a Government
Order. The tribunal also issued a notice to the DGP on
February 24 giving him 15-days time to implement its orders or
appear before it.
Girish Kumar, however, filed an application saying he
would not be able to personally appear before the tribunal,
after which the tribunal issued a NBW against the DGP on March
17, the petitioner`s counsel Jonnalagadda Sudheer told agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown