AP division: Naidu to sit on hunger strike in Delhi from Oct 7
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu will launch an indefinite hunger-strike in New Delhi from October 7 to protest against the Union Cabinet`s decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
"The Congress has ruined the country and left Andhra Pradesh in disaster. It has sought to divide the state without addressing the concerns of Telugu people. Hence, I am sitting on indefinite fast to expose the Congress," Naidu announced at a press conference here on Friday night.
"I will draw the attention of all parties at the national level to the crisis created by the Congress in AP. The Congress has entered into a match-fixing with TRS and YSRC and conspired to divide AP. I am launching a political fight to expose the Congress on this," he said.
The Congress ministers and MPs themselves were speaking about the "clandestine deal" it struck with the YSRC, he alleged and added that the ruling party could not convince its own leaders on the state bifurcation issue.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi should answer them (Congress leaders from Seemandhra), he said.
"The script is being written in New Delhi and these people (TRS and YSRC) are acting here," he lashed out.
The Congress has totally overlooked the 66-day agitation by the people of Seemandhra region and made no effort to resolve the crisis, the TDP chief said.
"What was the Antony Committee, appointed by the AICC, doing for over 60 days now? Could it not talk to all the concerned and try to find a solution to the problem," he asked.
With the announcement of poll schedule in five states, the Congress leadership would be busy in the next three months, he said. "When will they resolve the AP crisis?" he further asked.
The TDP would write to the leaders of all parties on the statehood issue and expose the "nefarious politics" of the Congress, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video