AP division: Naidu to sit on hunger strike in Delhi from Oct 7
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu will launch an indefinite hunger-strike in New Delhi from October 7 to protest against the Union Cabinet`s decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
"The Congress has ruined the country and left Andhra Pradesh in disaster. It has sought to divide the state without addressing the concerns of Telugu people. Hence, I am sitting on indefinite fast to expose the Congress," Naidu announced at a press conference here on Friday night.
"I will draw the attention of all parties at the national level to the crisis created by the Congress in AP. The Congress has entered into a match-fixing with TRS and YSRC and conspired to divide AP. I am launching a political fight to expose the Congress on this," he said.
The Congress ministers and MPs themselves were speaking about the "clandestine deal" it struck with the YSRC, he alleged and added that the ruling party could not convince its own leaders on the state bifurcation issue.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi should answer them (Congress leaders from Seemandhra), he said.
"The script is being written in New Delhi and these people (TRS and YSRC) are acting here," he lashed out.
The Congress has totally overlooked the 66-day agitation by the people of Seemandhra region and made no effort to resolve the crisis, the TDP chief said.
"What was the Antony Committee, appointed by the AICC, doing for over 60 days now? Could it not talk to all the concerned and try to find a solution to the problem," he asked.
With the announcement of poll schedule in five states, the Congress leadership would be busy in the next three months, he said. "When will they resolve the AP crisis?" he further asked.
The TDP would write to the leaders of all parties on the statehood issue and expose the "nefarious politics" of the Congress, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi