AP Election panel to monitor bypolls through 3-G phones
Hyderabad: Election authorities in Andhra
Pradesh would provide 3G mobile phones to polling officers to
obtain quick video footage on polling pattern during the July
27 by-elections of 12 Assembly constituencies in Telangana
"For providing us information on poll percentage, and
whether polling is going on smoothly or not, we are appointing
320 zonal officers and 320 route officers. We will do video
surveillance in Warangal and Nizamabad and for that 3G cell
phones would be provided to zonal officers," State Chief
Electoral Officer (CEO) I V Subba Rao told reporters.
He said 2,000 videographers, one each for two polling
stations, would also be appointed. In addition, 2,700
micro-observers would be appointed for polling duty.
Meanwhile, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has filed
his reply to the notice served on him by the Election
The EC had sought a reply from him following a complaint
by Congress that Rao promised to make a Dalit Chief Minister
and a Muslim Deputy Chief Minister after the formation of
separate Telangana state.
The CEO said the TRS president`s reply has been forwarded
to the EC and that its decision is awaited.
As ballot papers would be used in five among the 12
Assembly seats, 1500 ballot boxes and 20 lakh ballot papers
have been readied, he said. The CEO said the political parties have been asked to submit a list of polling agents by the evening of July 24 a
day before the campaigning ends.
As many as 23.5 lakh voters would exercise their
franchise at 2,783 polling stations on July 27, he said.
The bypolls were necessitated as the sitting MLAs had
resigned from their posts in support of separate Telangana
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says