AP Election panel to monitor bypolls through 3-G phones
Hyderabad: Election authorities in Andhra
Pradesh would provide 3G mobile phones to polling officers to
obtain quick video footage on polling pattern during the July
27 by-elections of 12 Assembly constituencies in Telangana
"For providing us information on poll percentage, and
whether polling is going on smoothly or not, we are appointing
320 zonal officers and 320 route officers. We will do video
surveillance in Warangal and Nizamabad and for that 3G cell
phones would be provided to zonal officers," State Chief
Electoral Officer (CEO) I V Subba Rao told reporters.
He said 2,000 videographers, one each for two polling
stations, would also be appointed. In addition, 2,700
micro-observers would be appointed for polling duty.
Meanwhile, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has filed
his reply to the notice served on him by the Election
The EC had sought a reply from him following a complaint
by Congress that Rao promised to make a Dalit Chief Minister
and a Muslim Deputy Chief Minister after the formation of
separate Telangana state.
The CEO said the TRS president`s reply has been forwarded
to the EC and that its decision is awaited.
As ballot papers would be used in five among the 12
Assembly seats, 1500 ballot boxes and 20 lakh ballot papers
have been readied, he said. The CEO said the political parties have been asked to submit a list of polling agents by the evening of July 24 a
day before the campaigning ends.
As many as 23.5 lakh voters would exercise their
franchise at 2,783 polling stations on July 27, he said.
The bypolls were necessitated as the sitting MLAs had
resigned from their posts in support of separate Telangana
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!