AP: Flesh trade racket busted; three Bangladeshis held
Hyderabad: Police on Monday claimed to have busted an international human trafficking racket, being operated from Musheerabad here, by arresting four persons, including three Bangladeshis for allegedly tricking as many compatriot women into prostitution.
Acting on a tip off, Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone) Team raided a premises at Bapuji Nagar and apprehended three Bangladeshi nationals identified as Shamim Hossain and Raj Mondal, who along with one Bangladeshi woman were running the prostitution racket, police said, adding they also picked up one customer from West Bengal Bapi Ghosh.
To earn easy money the Bangladeshi woman, who earlier worked as a sex worker, hatched a plan with Shamim Hossain to organise brothel business with the help of Raj Mondal and in the process they brought three Bangladeshi women aged between 14-25 years and pushed them into flesh trade, police said.
"All the three rescued sex workers are Bangladeshi nationals and have been brought to India for human trafficking and are staying illegally at Hyderabad without any valid Passport or Visa," they said.
According to police, Raj Mondal opened a clinic at Charminar and was attracting customers in the garb of treating various sexual diseases and they were seduced and sent to their prostitution business.
Mondal who posed himself as a "doctor" did not hold any official degree of either Allopathy, Ayurvedic, Unani or Homeopathy, they said.
During the interrogation it further came to light that the Bangladeshi accused took help of some brokers on porous Indo-Bangladesh border to give passage to sex workers into India, a police department release claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic