AP: Flesh trade racket busted; three Bangladeshis held
Hyderabad: Police on Monday claimed to have busted an international human trafficking racket, being operated from Musheerabad here, by arresting four persons, including three Bangladeshis for allegedly tricking as many compatriot women into prostitution.
Acting on a tip off, Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone) Team raided a premises at Bapuji Nagar and apprehended three Bangladeshi nationals identified as Shamim Hossain and Raj Mondal, who along with one Bangladeshi woman were running the prostitution racket, police said, adding they also picked up one customer from West Bengal Bapi Ghosh.
To earn easy money the Bangladeshi woman, who earlier worked as a sex worker, hatched a plan with Shamim Hossain to organise brothel business with the help of Raj Mondal and in the process they brought three Bangladeshi women aged between 14-25 years and pushed them into flesh trade, police said.
"All the three rescued sex workers are Bangladeshi nationals and have been brought to India for human trafficking and are staying illegally at Hyderabad without any valid Passport or Visa," they said.
According to police, Raj Mondal opened a clinic at Charminar and was attracting customers in the garb of treating various sexual diseases and they were seduced and sent to their prostitution business.
Mondal who posed himself as a "doctor" did not hold any official degree of either Allopathy, Ayurvedic, Unani or Homeopathy, they said.
During the interrogation it further came to light that the Bangladeshi accused took help of some brokers on porous Indo-Bangladesh border to give passage to sex workers into India, a police department release claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range