AP for state-run hospitals on par with corporate hosps
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today said it would develop state-run hospitals on par with
the corporate hospitals in Hyderabad and other major cities.
"Government hospitals do not have a good reputation.
Unavailability of equipment could be the reason for that. But,
we will definitely develop government hospitals on par with
corporate hospitals. May be some in PPP mode," Pitani
Satyanarayana, state Minister for Arogya Sri health insurance
He was speaking at a workshop organised on the popular
health insurance scheme here. The scheme enables poor people
to get treatment at premier and corporate hospitals.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who was supposed to inaugurate
the workshop, could not attend the programme due to a minor
health problem, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief