AP for state-run hospitals on par with corporate hosps
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today said it would develop state-run hospitals on par with
the corporate hospitals in Hyderabad and other major cities.
"Government hospitals do not have a good reputation.
Unavailability of equipment could be the reason for that. But,
we will definitely develop government hospitals on par with
corporate hospitals. May be some in PPP mode," Pitani
Satyanarayana, state Minister for Arogya Sri health insurance
He was speaking at a workshop organised on the popular
health insurance scheme here. The scheme enables poor people
to get treatment at premier and corporate hospitals.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who was supposed to inaugurate
the workshop, could not attend the programme due to a minor
health problem, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured