AP for state-run hospitals on par with corporate hosps
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today said it would develop state-run hospitals on par with
the corporate hospitals in Hyderabad and other major cities.
"Government hospitals do not have a good reputation.
Unavailability of equipment could be the reason for that. But,
we will definitely develop government hospitals on par with
corporate hospitals. May be some in PPP mode," Pitani
Satyanarayana, state Minister for Arogya Sri health insurance
He was speaking at a workshop organised on the popular
health insurance scheme here. The scheme enables poor people
to get treatment at premier and corporate hospitals.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who was supposed to inaugurate
the workshop, could not attend the programme due to a minor
health problem, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre