AP for state-run hospitals on par with corporate hosps
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today said it would develop state-run hospitals on par with
the corporate hospitals in Hyderabad and other major cities.
"Government hospitals do not have a good reputation.
Unavailability of equipment could be the reason for that. But,
we will definitely develop government hospitals on par with
corporate hospitals. May be some in PPP mode," Pitani
Satyanarayana, state Minister for Arogya Sri health insurance
He was speaking at a workshop organised on the popular
health insurance scheme here. The scheme enables poor people
to get treatment at premier and corporate hospitals.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who was supposed to inaugurate
the workshop, could not attend the programme due to a minor
health problem, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere