AP for state-run hospitals on par with corporate hosps
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
today said it would develop state-run hospitals on par with
the corporate hospitals in Hyderabad and other major cities.
"Government hospitals do not have a good reputation.
Unavailability of equipment could be the reason for that. But,
we will definitely develop government hospitals on par with
corporate hospitals. May be some in PPP mode," Pitani
Satyanarayana, state Minister for Arogya Sri health insurance
He was speaking at a workshop organised on the popular
health insurance scheme here. The scheme enables poor people
to get treatment at premier and corporate hospitals.
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, who was supposed to inaugurate
the workshop, could not attend the programme due to a minor
health problem, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back